Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 8th, 2003, 07:06 PM
SueClark

Default Grand Suites on Grand-questions

We have booked the two grand suites on Grand Princess for the April 25 sailing. Since this is our first sailing on Princess I'm anxious to get opinions on the suites. I've done web searches and found very little on the Grand Suites although there is much on the PS and VS suites. Please enlightenen a new Princess cruiser.
Sponsored Links
Old December 10th, 2003, 04:48 PM
Pea

Default Re: Grand Suites on Grand-questions

Not sure how many people who frequent thees boards have stayed in the Grand Suites. Try doing a search on "Grand Suite" and see what you might come up with. I have seen some photos at some cruise board of the Grand Suite. The Grand Suite is very oppulent compared to the other suites. I think it also has a private jacuzzi on the balcony.

Pea
Old December 11th, 2003, 04:00 PM
Sue Clark

Default Re: Re: Grand Suites on Grand-questions

Thanks for the info Pea, I found one great set of pictures of the Grand and the Grand Suite. But it seems that I'm not getting answers from anyone that has stayed in one although there seem to be many that have had the Vista or Penthouse suites. I found one person that had been in the Grand Suite , but on a different ship.

Sue
Old December 13th, 2003, 05:28 PM
Todd R

Default Re: Re: Re: Grand Suites on Grand-questions

Check out the Princess Board over on cruisecritic.com

On person there named Coral has stayed in many of the suites and has a lot of pictures posted on her website. She is a frequent poster so it won't be too hard to find the info you're asking. Good Luck!
Old December 16th, 2003, 01:57 PM
Horseracer

Default Re: Grand Suites on Grand-questions

The Grand Suites on the Grand Princess are a little smaller than stern-located Grand Suites on the Golden and Star, and that are the ones shown in the brochures. They are still very nice, but have what I consider a disappointingly small balcony that is very crowded with furniture. The hot tub also detracts from the room on the balcony. Otherwise it's very nicely appointed, has a large sitting area that is about the size of a balcony cabin, a beautiful bedroom, and a bathroom to die for.
Old December 24th, 2003, 11:51 AM
sueclark

Default Re: Re: Grand Suites on Grand-questions

We are looking forward to the hot tub - it is one of the reasons we booked these suites. We don't need a lot of room on the balcony (it does look crowede) as long as there are a couple lounge chairs for reading and a table and chairs for eating.

Now a question about the "fireplace" in the living room - I can't imagine it being real. Does it have an electric fire?