Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 4th, 2004, 06:45 PM
Passenger

Default Island Princess, March 25/04

My husband and I will be taking our second Princess cruise on this date. Is there anyone else who will be sailing with us?
Sponsored Links
Old February 3rd, 2004, 07:05 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Island Princess, March 25/04

Yes!!!! My husband and myself are sailing that day also. It's nice to finally know that someone else is going. What deck and cabin are you in?

Jules
Old February 4th, 2004, 06:29 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Island Princess, March 25/04

Hi Jules!

We are a couple in our early forties. This will be our second cruise. Our first was last year on the Grand - Western Caribbean.

We have a balcony cabin on Dolphin deck toward the front of the ship. I was a bit concerned at first about being so far forward but I hear it is very quiet there and it is a great location to see the canal from. Plus the balcony is covered.

What about you and your husband?
Old February 5th, 2004, 05:58 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: Island Princess, March 25/04

We are either side of forty as well. This is our second cruise as well, first one was Western Carribean on Carnival. We are Canadians from Ontario. We have a balcony on the Caribe deck towards the back of the ship. We are the cabin that juts out of the starboard side. On our last cruise we were at the front of the ship and had no problems. I'm looking forward to going through the Panama Canal.

Where are you guys from?
Old February 6th, 2004, 09:52 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Island Princess, March 25/04

Hey there fellow Canadians,

We are from Nova Scotia and very much looking forward to the warm weather! You guys are having a tough winter also from what I hear. Our pre-cruise documents came today and I am so excited!!

Jules, there is quite an involved thread on the Cruise Critic site, in the Princess roll call forum. You must come and join us there. There are a group of about 10 of us who have been chatting and are planning to meet for sail off. There is also another couple from Canada in the group.

Hope to see you there, and will talk to you soon.

Tanya
Old February 6th, 2004, 10:01 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Island Princess, March 25/04

Hi Tanya

How do I join you guys in the chat group? I'm still trying to figure my way around in this website.

Jules
Old February 7th, 2004, 02:01 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Island Princess, March 25/04

Hi Tanya

Are you guys flying direct into Ft. Lauderdale or do you have a connecting flight? We have a connecting flight in Atlanta.
Old February 8th, 2004, 06:09 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Island Princess, March 25/04

Hi Jules,

I mean't to answer this question to you on the CC board but forgot, so I am here now..lol

We fly from Halifax to Toronto March 24th. Leave Toronto at 10:00am and fly direct to West Palm Beach. Arrive there at 1:00pm. We have a car rented and we will drive to Ft. Lauderdale (it is about a 30 min. drive) and there we stay at the Ft. Lauderdale Marriott and Marina. We had this exact flight last year and it is great. We have the whole afternoon and the evening to explore the city and when we can drop the car off at the rental place in Ft. Lauderdale and they take us directly to the cruise terminal.

It is actually cheaper to rent the car for the day then it is to take a taxi or a shuttle from the airport to Ft. Lauderdale. We chose West Palm Beach because the airfare for us was much cheaper than flying into Ft. Lauderdale and it is a beautiful, quiet airport.
We don't fly out on the return home until 2:00pm so we have plenty of time to get there.

Are you flying in a day early? If so where are you staying in Ft. Lauderdale?

Talk to you soon,

Tanya
Old February 9th, 2004, 09:23 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Island Princess, March 25/04

Hi Tanya

We are flying in the same day. We booked the cruise through a Travel Agent/Princess. We leave Toronto 6:30am and do a quick stop and change planes in Atlanta, then onto Ft Lauderdale arriving 11:45am. I'm not thrilled about changing planes. It sounds like some of you booked on line. Our return flight is 11:30am (might be a rush!). Anyhow I just can't wait to get on the cruise. It sounds like we have a good bunch of people. Looking forward to meeting you and the gang!