Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 9th, 2004, 05:27 PM
cwalier

Default obstructed views on Sun

We are considering booking a Feb 10 day cruise on the Princess Sun. Our room has an obstructed view. Anybody experience this??? We have traveled on Celebrity and Royal Carib. with balconies. We are considering RC again. Any suggestions???? Thank you, C
Sponsored Links
Old January 9th, 2004, 07:46 PM
First Mate

Default Re: obstructed views on Sun

I was in D606 last year on the Sun for back to back Alaska trips. View was fully obstructed by a lifeboat and I could see out only by looking thru the lifeboat.. Not much better than an inside cabin but could at least tell if it was day or night. Looked like every third cabin might have a view between lifeboats. Great loaction though.

Doug
Old January 9th, 2004, 11:19 PM
Kimba

We had an inside cabin on Dolphin deck and passed by lots of open cabins many times during the week. Some cabins had very good views and others had great views of the lifeboats lol.... (although plenty of light coming in) you would need to ask about a specific cabin number and see if someone had actually been in it with regard to how good a view etc they had.... maybe check the deck layout at the Princess website but not sure how comprehensive this would be though. It may be just pot luck in the end!!
Good Luck
Old January 10th, 2004, 08:19 AM
Sara Haynes

I had an obstructed cabin once and on the deck plans, it looked like I was right between 2 lifeboats. In reality, I had an entire life boat right in front of me! The Dolphin deck on the Sun Princess is a very good location and you should get some sun in the cabin.