Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 15th, 2004, 11:29 AM
Passenger

Default problems w/ reserving shore excursions thru Princess website

Is anyone else having problems w/ reserving excursions through Princess' website? We are on the Island Princess, May 22, southbound glacier cruise in Alaska, and I really want to make sure we get the excursions we want. But for a couple of weeks I've been trying to reserve through the website, and when you click on the link for the excursion you want, it brings up a different excursion, so it's basically impossible to reserve the excursions you want online. I called once and they said I could reserve excursions through the mail but that won't be for another few months. I don't want to wait that long! I've also emailed them a couple of times to make them aware of the problem, but so far it hasn't been fixed. Any advice?

Island Princess . . . May 22, 2004

Sponsored Links
Old January 15th, 2004, 11:52 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: problems w/ reserving shore excursions thru Princess web

Hi Beth,
I've found in the past that you can't actually pre-book any shore excursions until you are 60 days before the cruise, I'm thinking thats the problem you are having??

Best of luck booking those when you can, you should be fine.

Message Boards Moderator
Old January 15th, 2004, 04:35 PM
Toto

No Problem at all here. I was able to reserve shore excursions online for our March cruise 75 days ahead of time. They have been posting the excursions a lot earlier lately then they used to.
If all else fails, you can fax in your request when you receive your pre-documents.
Best of Luck!
Old January 30th, 2004, 09:12 PM
Alaska Bound

Just call them. I had problems with the Immigration info and they verified what info I had or was missing. I also booked the shore excursions well 80+ day before although folks were saying I couldn't.

Alaska Bound
Island Princess
Old January 30th, 2004, 09:20 PM
Pea

Princess had changed it's policy to 120 days. It's still on the Cruise Personalizer pages. On the shore excursion pages, it's 60 days. And if you call, they say 90 days.

I think 90 is probably more like it. It might also have to do with when your final payment is do. Depending on the length of your cruise, your final payment might be due in 60 days, 75 days or 90 days. If makes sense for them to make sure you are inside the final payment before allowing shore excursions to be reserved...then they don't have to cancel or delete excursions for people who cancel before final payment.

Many people's excursions got deleted in the last week, so everyone should check. If you are outside the days. My advice is go on the Cruise Personalizer at 90 days and check and see if Shore Excursions are available and check frequently after that if they are not.

Pea
Old February 7th, 2004, 07:54 PM
Cruise Maniac

As of today (2/7) I was finally able to get the Personalizer to work and pre-booked my shore excursions for our 15 May cruise to Alaska.
Old February 8th, 2004, 07:12 AM
Passenger

Yes, I was finally able to get mine to work yesterday, too, and I booked three excursions for our May 22 cruise, hooray!

Island Princess . . . May 22, 2004

Old February 9th, 2004, 12:00 PM
MTS

Im going to Alaska on the Diamond May 8th, and had the same problem as you with the on line excursion bookings. I gave it a week and tried again and it worked fine.

Have a great cruise!