Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 19th, 2004, 05:43 PM
Keisele

Default 3rd and 4th passengers

Can anyone tell me the "setup" or sleeping arrangements for four people in a balcony stateroom? We are going on the Caribbean Princess and was given a room for these accommodations. Did I make a mistake or should we have gotten the mini-suite?
Sponsored Links
Old January 19th, 2004, 05:52 PM
Jason H

Default Re: 3rd and 4th passengers

The 2 top beds come out of the ceiling. I would consider a minisuite or look into two rooms next to each other.
Old January 20th, 2004, 10:42 AM
Cruise Maniac

I think that the cabin balcony quads can't have the twin beds pushed together when the 3rd/4th bunks are used. You are getting 2 sets of bunk beds in other words.
Old January 20th, 2004, 11:15 AM
Keisele

Default Re: Re: 3rd and 4th passengers

I just received an email from my travel agent. She just talked to Princess about my question and they told her that we would have two twin beds put together for a queen and two pullman beds. The Pullman beds look like bunk beds with a ladder. I hope Princess told her the truth because I can live with that arrangement.
Old January 20th, 2004, 11:31 AM
Pea

Some of the cabins have "non-converting" twins, which means the two beds cannot be put together for a queen. Most of the time, even if you do have converting twins, the stewards will say they cannot put them together when the upper berths are open for safety reasons. I've heard if you complain loud enough, they will pur them together.

If you want a queen, make sure the cabin you have is not non-converting twins.

Pea
Old January 20th, 2004, 04:45 PM
Keisele

Default Re: Re: 3rd and 4th passengers

Thanks Pea. I just found out the same thing. When I was trying to decide what kind of cabin to book I was told by Princess that the cabins that accommodate four would have two twins that you can put together. Because of people like you, and others on the message boards, did I make the extra effort to call and confirm these arrangements. How does Princess think families travel? So, I guess I will be "complaining loudly" as you suggested. Thanks.
Old January 21st, 2004, 12:26 AM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Re: 3rd and 4th passengers

I too have booked the Caribbean Princess (9/11/04), traveling with husband and two children. We originally booked a balcony. I became concerned with space and called Princess to see what options ther might be for families as there are no connecting cabins on this ship. The options are 1) cabins next to each other, you would have the balcony divider removed by your accomodating room steward, keep your balcony doors open all night and allow your people to cross from room to room via the balcony - not a good option at 2 a.m. should it become necessary or 2) book a mini-suite or suite. We optioned for the mini-suite. I am excitedly counting the days and already planning my next cruise.
Old January 21st, 2004, 08:05 AM
Admiral

another option to look into are the family staterooms, there are only a few and they book up fast. We booked a mini-suite for our family of 3, mainly because my son is very tall and would not fit into a bunk. (Something to think about)