Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 27th, 2004, 01:14 PM
LJ

Default Typical passenger

I tried to find a more appropriate location to ask this question but could not. So, I am going to post on Carnival, Celebrity, NCL, RCL, Princess & Holland America. What would you say is the AVERAGE age group that cruises on this line. Please don't say all age groups - I am aware that each cruise has varying ages - I am looking for an over-all feel. Also, is Carnival the only cruise line that seems to cater more to single cruisers?
Sponsored Links
Old January 27th, 2004, 02:04 PM
Pea

Default Re: Typical passenger

It depends on the itinerary and length of the cruise. If you go on a 7 day Caribbean, I'd say the average age is mid-40s. But I've heard on a 10 day Panama Canal, the age is higher and even higher for longer cruises.

Pea
Old January 27th, 2004, 07:55 PM
Toto

Default Re: Re: Typical passenger

Definitely each line depends mostly on the itinerary and actual cost of the sailing. The shorter cruises tend to bring in a much younger crowd then the 10+. I think you will find this same answer on all the message boards for most lines.
Also, from what I have been told and read, the cruises like Canada/New England tend to bring forth a much older passenger group too.
Old January 27th, 2004, 10:42 PM
CanYouHearMeNow?

On average, my guess is...

Caribbean, 7 days: MOSTLY 40's,50's,60's. MANY 20's, 30's, 70's. If it's vacation time, throw in MANY families. Otherwise, *relatively* few children.

More exotic, longer: MOSTLY 50's, 60's, 70's. MANY 40's. SOME 30's. A FEW adventurous-type families.
Old January 28th, 2004, 08:14 AM
Admiral

I agree with the other postings on a 7 day Caribbean cruise - non school vacation time the average Princess passengers i will say are in their 30-40-& 50's. You will always find a medium sized group of honeymooners in their late 20-to mid 30's. During school breaks there will be more families with kids. Princess really doesn't attract the "singles-crowd" more couples and families.
Old January 28th, 2004, 09:51 PM
LJ

Thank you for the replies. I think you are all correct. As I enjoy a longer cruise, I have noticed mostly couples, 65+. Perhaps a better route for me would be the occasional back to back 7 day cruises.