Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 29th, 2004, 01:30 PM
yvonne

Default Saw Entertainment Book coupon for $200.00 of Princess cruise

Anyone interested, just saw a coupon for $200.00 off for Princess cruises. Worth a $20 investment to get $200 off. I'm cruising NCL and using their coupon. Thought I'd pass it on. Go to Entertainment Book web site and click cruises to view coupon.
Sponsored Links
Old January 29th, 2004, 04:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Saw Entertainment Book coupon for $200.00 of Princess cr

Not worth the effort. The $200 is off an inflated price. You can do better with a good TA
Old January 29th, 2004, 07:13 PM
Richard Stein

I agree with bluefish. I have priced it with the coupon and from a good TA. I saved over $200 with the TA and no coupon.
Old January 29th, 2004, 08:05 PM
yvonne

Default Re: Re: Saw Entertainment Book coupon for $200.00 of Princes

I totally agree w/you on booking w/a good agent, I myself did the same. But for those who haven't and did pay regular fare, call up your agent w/the coupon and get the bucks off that they took from you in the first place.

I'm on your side guys, just trying to save money for people.
Old January 31st, 2004, 11:02 PM
SANDY M.

The best advise I can give you any anyone interested in cruises, is to contact a travel agent. Most travel agencies belong to Cortsortium's which alway have better deals than discount coupons from books. Also, be considered about booking on line. Working with a travel agent is safer all around. If you have any questions, you can email me. I've been in the travel industry for almost 16 years. I get my clients deals they can not get on line, from shipboard credit, wine and upgrades.

Your travel agent will always do the best for you.
Old January 31st, 2004, 11:16 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: Saw Entertainment Book coupon for $200.00 of Pri

Yvonne, please don't think that I don't appreciate the heads up on the coupon, I just wish I would have be applicable to me.

Sandy M I'm afraid that I disagree with your last statement; "You travel agent will always do the best for you". While I think that in the ideal world, this would be a true statement, unfortunately, that is far from the reality. Only some TA's will go that extra mile and get you the best deal. You might be one who does, but not all do.

I have had several TA's. Only 1 gave me a bad deal. We went to Disneyland and stayed in the Disneylan Hotel. TA did say that there was construction going on and that all but 1 fo the pools would be closed.

I'm really happy with my current TA. Very prompt service. Got an unasked for price reduction and ship board credit too.

Post Edited (02-04-04 18:57)
Old February 1st, 2004, 08:13 PM
Yeoman

Bluefish I agree with you , our ta has been a big disappointment to us. She has been verbally belligerant when asked to show us a break down of our charges, and gets huffy because she says we should "trust her" to know what she's doing shince she's sold over " two million dollars " this year! .( Sort of we are just a lousy cruise so don't bug her!)

We will NEVER use her again, she never caught the price drop( I did and asked her to adjust price) she tried to recommend a cruise that cost 500 dollars more, and wasn't thrilled when we insisted on the cruise we had selected( Golden Princess).

She " forgot " to include our deposit that we made 6 months ago in our figure for final payment.
It's been horrid, we KNOW there are good ones ( ta 's) out there, but we got a DUD!
Old February 3rd, 2004, 03:33 PM
SANDY M.

Default Re: Re: Saw Entertainment Book coupon for $200.00 of Princes

Sorry you guys have had bad dealings with your Travel agents. When I started in the business 16 years ago, I made it a point to do the very best for each and every client. I provide the best service that I can. I go the extra mile (so to speak) maybe I,m one of the TA's who try to service my clients the way I want to be treated. On any cruise I book for my clients, no matter what price or cruise line, I am always checking back regularly to see if the price dropped, and they can be upgraded. My suggestion is not to give up on travel agents, but to find another one, ask a friend for a recommendation. If not and you can't find one, believe me I would help you. I have clients all over the US, even if they move out of the area from where I am, I can still take care of them. Maybe that's why I still have my clients and they stay with me. I do the best that I can for them. Also I like what I do. That could be another reason.
If anyone has questions, contact me.

Sandy M.
Old February 4th, 2004, 11:18 AM
Beginner

yeah i agree with mostly everyone that the 200 dollars is off an inflated price. most large travel agents make a ton of money off of cruises. i found out if you go with an internet cruise agency they save you the most. i went with a company that deals directly with princess. they are at hotmail.com. the name of the girl was journeysbyjackie. she did a great job and for the cheapest around. she also will help out with all of your excursions. tons of info she supplies. i recommend her highly
Old February 4th, 2004, 06:23 PM
Lei

we used a Travel agent and she got us a really good price and is still watching to see if princess drops their price anymore before our cruise, if so we will get the lower price and then at the end she will take off the coupon. It sounds like a great deal to me
Old February 9th, 2004, 01:20 PM
MTS

I've gone through Sam's Club Travel, and got a terrific deal on a mini-suite (cat. AA) on the Diamond for an Alaska cruise. Under 1200 bucks! I think that price would be hard to beat!

MTS