Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 1st, 2004, 12:43 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Carrib. Princess Minisuites

We are crusing for the first time with 2 children, age 9 and 7. We are booked in a mini-suite on Dolphin Deck. Some posts I have read imply that the twin beds can't be converted into a double if we intend to use the bunk that comes down from the ceiling. Can anyone tell me if this is true? Also I found out one child is expected to sleep on a sleeper sofa. Has anyone slept on one of these? Are they comfortable for a child?
Sponsored Links
Old February 1st, 2004, 12:52 PM
Keisele

Default Re: Carrib. Princess Minisuites

I have been through the exact quest for information that you now are seeking and this is what I found out. The four of us (me, my husband and two kids) had originally booked a balcony room on the Caribe Deck that accommodated four. We then found out that the two twin beds were "not allowed" to be put together for safety reasons (?). I was told the ladder for the bunk overhead went between to two twin beds. So, this layout did not appeal to us because of the twin beds not being made into a queen and the bunk handing directly overhead. We moved to a mini-suite because the twin beds do make a queen and I was told the sofa is more like a daybed and there is a bunk bed over it. I can live with that if this information is true.
Old February 1st, 2004, 05:05 PM
First Mate

Hi Paula,

We are also booked for a mini on the Dolphin deck of Caribbean Princess. We had a similar room on the Grand Princess a couple of years ago and the sofa bed was just fine for our son. I think my hubby took a few naps on it as well. : )

What sailing are you on? We are going on the inaugural and are really looking forward to it.

Hope this helps.

Mare
Old February 1st, 2004, 08:51 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Carrib. Princess Minisuites

Our sailing is June 19th.
Old February 2nd, 2004, 07:48 PM
Ashley and Alex

We are to booked on the Carrib. Princess in October and have always traveled on Carnival. The kids 10 and 6 are interested in what the camp and kids day care is like. This is their 5 cruise so they have an idea of what to expect, but not on Princess.
Anyone with information please let us know if your children enjoyed their time with fun activities. We normally have the kids eat breakfast and lunch with us going back to child care activities between the two meals and then again when we eat our dinner.
Old March 19th, 2004, 06:27 PM
Passenger

Default kids progams

when are you going?? we are going on 10/9 with a 7 and 5 year old. The princess website tells you about the kids programs.