Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 4th, 2004, 04:06 AM
david d

Default Sleeping for 4 in a mini suite

Cruising on the Caribbean Princess and am wondering how the 4th person sleeps? I know that the sofa beacomes a bed but where is the 4th bed? Is it a bunk? I would buess it will be the same as a mini suite in one of the other Grand type ships.
Sponsored Links
Old February 4th, 2004, 09:50 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Sleeping for 4 in a mini suite

I've seen photos of the bunk above the sofa for 3rd and 4th, but I have read that the sofa makes into a double. I'm hoping for the bunk myself as my 2 kids don't care to share a bed.
Old February 4th, 2004, 12:26 PM
Admiral

i am not totally sure on this but unless you request a mini-suite with bunks you will get 2 twins to make up a queen -a sofa bed that makes into a double bed, you can request a roll-away bed for one of the kids.
Old February 4th, 2004, 03:38 PM
Pea

My TA has said that Princess does not allow roll-aways. They have the requisite number of beds allowed for the cabin you book.

In a mini-suite, they are made for 3 or 4 passengers. For three passengers, there are the two twin beds that can be made up into a queen, and the sofa, which can be made into a bed. If you have a mini-suite for 4, there are the sleeping arrangements as stated above and a bed that comes down from the ceiling.

Pea
Old February 5th, 2004, 09:45 AM
Admiral

Pea, are you sure?, because on the web site you can request a roll-away if you are in a mini-suite.
Old February 5th, 2004, 10:41 AM
Pea

Really? Maybe they allow a roll-away in mini-suites because they are larger. They will not allow them in other cabins. I suppose if someone wanted to use the roll-away in lieu of the upper berth, then that would be ok. Some people try to book more people in the mini-suite than should be staying there.

Two years ago, I had a friend who booked a balcony and it was a cabin for two. Her children were booked in an inside. She was intending for her daughter to sleep in the cabin with she and her husband. Her online TA told her they would bring in a roll-away. I said, I don't think so, those cabins are not big enough for a roll-away and it would be a fire hazard. So I checked with my TA and with Princess and they had said no roll-aways. But, they might just have meant for those types of cabins. My friend was upgraded into a balcony cabin that could accomodate 3 people free of charge because of the mistake the original TA made.

I haven't been able to find on the Princess website anything about rollaways. Could you post the link, LisaK?

Thanks!

Pea
Old February 5th, 2004, 03:13 PM
Jason H

I have seen the bed come out of the ceiling in a mini-suite. It is right above the couch. Our neighbors had 4 in their room.