Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 15th, 2004, 05:09 AM
Jackie O

Default Regal Princess

We have just booked on the Regal Montreal to Florida Oct 04 - Does anyone have any details on the size of the inside cabins (I think they may be bigger than Dawn/Ocean which we have sailed before.
Also does anyone know if there is a forward viewing area on Baja deck. Looks like it from the deck plans but cant get any other info. Many thanks
Sponsored Links
Old February 15th, 2004, 07:27 AM
kbleist

Default Re: Regal Princess

We're on the Regal April 20 through May 5th, roundtrip from LA to Hawaii. I've never been on the Regal before, but I've read everything about her that I can find on the internet. (I'm probably driving my husband batty with all of the "tidbits" of information that I'm finding!) Looks like the inside cabins are about 190 sq ft, same as the outside ocean view cabins. Yes there is a "secret" forward viewing area accessible from the starboard side of the ship on the Baja deck., I think there is another area on the Dolphin deck, although this one doesn't appear to be open to the public very often.

The following website has a lot of information about the Regal Princess, as well as some pretty decent pictures of different parts of the ship, including the forward facing areas on the Baja and Dolphin decks. Scroll down to click on the links toward the bottom of the site to read descriptions and see pictures of different areas. It doesn't list the size of the staterooms, but I found that information on Princess' website in the "tour the ship" area.

http://www.fortunecity.com/oasis/tro...RegalPrincess/
Old February 15th, 2004, 09:02 AM
susancruzs

I was on the identical sister ship and there is a forward viewing area, that passengers can use. Not many people venture that way as you do have to enter through the Baja deck. The ship is rather enclosed so I was glad to find my way to this spot when we pulled into port and many times I was the only person!

I was surprised at the cabin size on this ship, very nice size compared to some ships of that era. You will have more than enough space.

Susie
Old February 15th, 2004, 12:55 PM
Jackie O

Default Re: Re: Regal Princess

Many thanks for all this information. If you are able can you give me your comments on her on your return from your trip.
Old February 15th, 2004, 05:23 PM
N Rosenthal

Default Re: Re: Regal Princess

We are booked on this cruise as well. It will be our second Princess cruise and second visit to Hawaii.
Old February 15th, 2004, 08:30 PM
Dale C

Yes, there is a forward viewing deck on the Regal Princess located on the Baja deck. You have to go all the way to the front of the ship on the right hand side, left to the center and then there is a door to the open deck. Not many people find this area.
We were on it last month on a Panama Canal cruise.
The upper deck for front viewing is enclosed. I never thought it was quite as good.
Old February 15th, 2004, 09:08 PM
kbleist

Jackie,
I'll definitely post upon my return. I'll try to remember to email you directly with some comments as well.

N. Rosenthal,
You're on the Regal April 20th? Awesome! When did you book? What deck is your room on? We're on the Dolphin, aft, with an outside double.

This will be my first trip to Hawaii, and my husband's second. We're cruising in celebration of our 5th anniversary (April 10th). Our first, and only other, was a Carribean cruise on the Norwegian Dream for our honeymoon.

You're the first person I've seen on any message board that is going on this cruise.
Old February 29th, 2004, 05:36 PM
Frequent Cruiser

Please come back and post a review of your cruises on Regal Princess. There is far too little information about her.
Old March 18th, 2004, 09:19 PM
Tallcruiser

Default Re: Re: Re: Regal Princess

Hello fellow cruiser on 4/20/04 Regal 15 day to Hawaii. We are working on a greet and meet after the muster at one of the bars. Maybe Adagios. The more the merrier. Bring the family! We want to meet you. We are going to have a great Cruise!!
Robin