Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 16th, 2004, 06:37 AM
Michael Bowen

Default Disembarkation At Seattle

Dear Fellow Cruise mates,

In September this year my wife and I will take our first cruise aboard the Diamond Princess, and of course we are very excited about the whole voyage, which is part of a longer Canadian trip, and then onto parts of America. I have a question, which hopefully you can answer (or give some idea of who to contact for an answer).

At the end of the cruise we disembark in Seattle in the morning (18th September), but my travel agent can only tell me that the ship will be in port soon after dawn, and after breakfast we will disembark. I have made arrangements to fly to Washington on the same day, and the flight leaves at 1235 hours from Seattle airport.

I am told a taxi from the seaport to the airport will take about 20-30 mins depending upon traffic conditions, and I certainly need to arrive at the airport no later than 1035 hours ( 2 hours before a domestic flight ) to ensure that "check-in" is done without hassles.
Now, my questions are:
* What time does disembarkation normally start?
* How long does the process take?
* Can we make special arrangements to be one of the first to disembark?
* I have consulted the Princess Cruise website but cannot find an email address for my query, and most queries are "referred back" to the travel agent. I have managed to track down the actual postal address of Princess Tours in Seattle, but there was no email address.
Hopefully there is a seasoned traveller who can assist me with advice and information.

Yours Sincerely,
Michael J Bowen
Sponsored Links
Old February 17th, 2004, 02:33 PM
inmyworldforever

Default Re: Disembarkation At Seattle

Dear Michael, You'll be fine with that window of time for your flight. We were on the Star Princess last August got in at 7a.m. Ate breakfast,went back to room and got off ship at 830a.m. If you have early flights you can show them your tickets at the pursers desk and they'll make arrangments to get you off first . Remember they want you happy and back as a repeat customer. Did take about 30 mins to clear customs and it's 20 minute cab ride to airport. We're going back in June.Have a great trip. Deb
Old February 17th, 2004, 07:11 PM
Michael Bowen

Default Re: Re: Disembarkation At Seattle

Dear Deb,
Many thanks for the comprehensive reply. We can "relax" about the expectations of getting to the airport on time. Was beginning to think there was no-one "out there" reading my message, and/or my query might have been too silly to attract any attention.
What trip did you do? Would like to hear about your experience, as this is our first ship cruise and its all a bit exciting. We are doing a 12 day tour of Canada/Rockies and then onto the ship for the 7day cruise of the inside passage....then onto Washington, New York, Vegas, LA and back to Seattle to visit friends. We are "on tour" for about 9 weeks and very much looking forward to all its eye-opening excitement. Once again, many thanks; rgards Mike & Christine Bowen
Old February 26th, 2004, 03:20 PM
Sandy R

Default Re: Re: Re: Disembarkation At Seattle

We are also on the Diamond Alaska but on the 8/21/04 sailing. We will be purchasing air that leaves Seattle at 11:50 am because I called Princess and they told me that would be fine.
Old March 10th, 2004, 04:01 PM
T Jones

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Disembarkation At Seattle

Hi,
Also on the 21 August sailing and am thinking of booking the flight for 12.35. So we should also be okay.
Will have to start a roll call board for that sailing!
Tracey
England