Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 17th, 2004, 12:09 PM
Passenger

Default Drinking Age Strict?

Ok here is my question...I am 20 years old and I have cruised with Princess on the Grand one time before with my fiancee, who is 23. I never had a problem getting served alcohol on the Grand since our bar tab was on his room card...my question is, I am going on a cruise with only my best friend who is also 20, on the Carribean Princess. Since no one in our cabin will be 21, when our card is scanned, will the computer automatically not allow us to purchase alchohol?
Sponsored Links
Old February 17th, 2004, 12:48 PM
Pea

Default Re: Drinking Age Strict?

I believe they can tell just by looking at your card that your are underage. The card is marked to make it apparent, so the server can say to you when you place the order they that can't fill it, rather than waiting until they've returned to the bar, possibly actually made the drink, to discover this fact.

They are strict about adhering to the drinking age.

Pea
Old February 18th, 2004, 09:20 AM
Craig

I sailed last March on the Sea Princess and my son was 20 at the time. He could not get served with his card. It was marked that he was under age. Sorry
Old February 18th, 2004, 03:33 PM
Passenger

Not to encourage underage drinking but you may as well BYOB then.
Old February 20th, 2004, 12:38 PM
Frequent Cruiser

Hmmm, someone please confirm this, but I am of the impression that at least one person in a cabin must be over 21. I don't know if that is for Princess, too.
Old February 20th, 2004, 12:43 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Drinking Age Strict?

I'm pretty sure the Princess policy is, Everbody is 18, or somebody needs to be 21. The couple we sailed with last time were both 20 and they had their own cabin.
Old February 20th, 2004, 01:50 PM
Pea

Princess allows 18 year olds to cruise alone. There does not need to be anyone older in the cabin.

Pea