Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 21st, 2004, 12:44 PM
H

Default Island Princess

My wife and I take our first cruise, on the Island Princess, beginning on the 4th April, 2004. We are both in our mid-fifties. Any help or advice please??
Sponsored Links
Old February 21st, 2004, 11:18 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Island Princess

I was on the Island Panama cruise January 5th. The photographers take a picture of haggered passengers (everyone) while they are boarding. By the time the pictures are displayed for purchase, you'll look at your picture and realize that you really needed a vacation!

Seriously though, it is a beautiful ship and I was quite happy with the staff/crew. The food was great and always available. The entertainment was also good.

Frankly, I don't want to tell you what to expect because when you embark for your first cruise you're kind of like a 'kid in a candy shop.' Everything is amazing!!!!

Don't overpack and just have a wonderful time. This is a great ship and cruise line....I'll bet you'll be talking about your next cruise within 24 hours of getting home!!

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old March 8th, 2004, 08:26 PM
Passenger

H,
Best wishes to you and yours!
Bon Voyage!
Tell me all about it when you get back!- I cruise after you, we have a mini-suite on the Dolphin Deck.
-My Cruise Tip:
Pack a change of clothes and swimsuit in a carry-on bag. (Luggage will be delivered to your room later.)
S~
Old March 10th, 2004, 12:33 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi H.

You and your wife will love the Island Princess, she is a beautiful ship, the food is very good and the entertainment is the best!! The service was also great.
We just got off the Island Princess 2/24/04 panama canal and had such a wounderful cruise.

Happy Cruising
Charlene
Old March 13th, 2004, 12:25 PM
H

thank you all for your kind replies. We are both looking forwrd to the cruise, very much.

H
Old April 15th, 2004, 12:51 PM
H

Default Re: Re: Island Princess

SDRHR

We followed your good advice in terms of our hand luggage. We have just returned to the UK today and we had a great time. Highly recommended!!

H
Old April 16th, 2004, 12:41 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: Island Princess

May I ask where did you go on the Island Princess, we are thinking of taking it to Hawaii in 05. Thanks for your reply.
Old April 17th, 2004, 12:11 PM
H

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Island Princess

We cruised to the Panama Canal. Whilst the itinerary was excellent, the Island Princess was beyond our expectation, consequently we particularly enjoyed the sea days.

H
Old April 17th, 2004, 08:45 PM
CRC

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Island Princess

The Island Princess is one great ship, see review in Cruise Reviews. You will have lots of fun.

Say hello to Sam for us, one of the asst cruise directors.
Old April 18th, 2004, 11:13 AM
True Brit

At last another Brit who reads these boards! My wife and I were on Island Princess in March on the same itinerary. We can only heartily concur with everyone who recommends this ship and we have been on a few. It is particularly pleasing to hear from someone who has just taken their first cruise and is as smitten as the rest of us. The only thing I would say though is that Princess must think all their passengers are underweight if the size of the shower cubicle is to be believed! Don't believe me? Then have a look at the picture gallery on this site and you will see what I mean - that is a normal sized coathanger and I put it in the shower to give a sense of proportion!
Cheers folks Paul
Old April 18th, 2004, 03:59 PM
First Mate

>Princess must think all their passengers are underweight if the size of the shower cubicle is to be believed.<

Just don't drop the soap. (G) Yes, those showers are a bit tight. That's why we are booking a mini-suite on our 12/20 Island Princess voyage. Then we get the tub which gives one ample room to shower.
Frank-in-CA
Old April 20th, 2004, 03:50 PM
H

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the cruise as much as we did. Yes, the shower was small, but we coped. We thought that our stateroom was better than we expected in fact.

Regards

H
Old April 23rd, 2004, 08:05 AM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Mbouck1
Default Re: Re: Re: Island Princess

Thanks for the replies on the Island Princess. We just booked the March 5th, 05 Hawaii 15 day cruise and now have something to look forward to next year. Having only cruised on Princess ships I have no doubt that the ship is a beauty. Also we could not pass up the price that we recieved for our balcony.

Mike
Sea Princess 03/01
Golden Princess 10/01
Sun Princess 03/02
Sea Princess 03/03 (final back to back)
Diamond Princess (inaugural cruise)
Island Princess 03/05