Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 25th, 2004, 08:27 PM
Paul & Julie

Default Island Princess

Just got back yesterday from a 10 day Island Princess, any questions?
Sponsored Links
Old February 25th, 2004, 08:52 PM
Deb & Dave

Default Re: Island Princess

We will be on the Island on June 19th following a land tour first. We chose the last aft minisuite on Dophin D726 in hopes that it would give us the side and aft view in Glacier Bay. My husband is a photoholic and we will be carrying more camera bags than clothes! At least I think so. Is this a good choice???
Old February 26th, 2004, 12:43 PM
Paul & Julie

Default Re: Re: Island Princess

Deb & Dave,

This looks like a great cabin to take pictures from! How exciting for you! We had a blast on this ship!!! So much to do, shopping, shows were wonderful, staff was exceptional!! We hope you have a great time and if you are lucky enough to get Gil and Miguel as waiters Tell them Hello from their group of 9 who Gil showed pictures of his twin boys to and who Miguel serenaded for our Anniversary. They are waiters for traditional seating in the Province Dining Room...we were at table #140. If Comedian Kevin Hughes is still on board, he is a must see!! We hope to be able to make Alaska our next cruise..hope you enjoy!!
Old February 26th, 2004, 09:47 PM
Passenger

On our way very soon and still trying to figure out the shore excursions. Did you take any? If we decided to stay on the ship at the Canal, would we be missing anything?
The excursion on the smaller boat looks very interesting (and expensive) and we're trying to decided if it's worth it.
Any info would be helpful for any of the ports, of course. We leave in a about a week.
Thanks.
Old February 26th, 2004, 10:41 PM
Admiral

The people I know who took the ocean to ocean boat trip said it was one of the best they've ever taken. I took the train trip ... big ripoff!

I cruise the Emerald Princess, Eastern Caribbean on April 16, 2012
Old February 28th, 2004, 09:34 PM
Beginner

Hi! My first time on the boards! We just returned from the Island. This was our 4th Princess Cruise and by far the best!!!!!! Embarktation was a breeze! we arrived at the pier at 12: 00 and we were in our stateroom by 12:27. We then explored the ship and of course had a "boat drink"! The first day was a sea day, which we love. The next was Jamaica. We took the ships tour trimaran to Dunns river falls and private beach.
What a blast!!!!!!! I had never been on a trimaran and the captain took us out on the ocean to catch a great breeze with his sail, we were hopping all over the place. I loved every minute of it. Of course they served some great rum punch as well. The falls were
great. I never thought I'd make it to the top, but thanks to my husband pulling me up and the nice man we met pushing me it may have cured my of my heights phobia.The Panama Canal was awesome and we were glad to stay on the ship. For many reasons ! Caymen was awesome. We have been there before but decided to do parasailing and had a great time!!! MY kids still can't believe I did that. In Cozumel we went to Chankanaab National Park. The dolphins are there and the last time we were there we swam with them. Great time!!!!! The park itself is great. It has a nice beach for snorkeling and a restraurant as well as walking paths with iguana as big as i've ever seen. The shopping at the pier was great. and our ship's shopping guide Rick really
help steer us in the right direction. \
the ship is a great ship and the staff is about the best I have encountered in all of our 4 cruises. Everyone has a smile and good word for you and some are just plain fun!
The entertainment is great. There is something for everyone. we saw a great song and dance as well as a comedian, Kevin Hughes three nights He was great!!!!!
But.............The high light of our entertainment was at the Crooners Bar. David Moore
was the best! His piano playing is phenomenal! His singing is great and his humor is
out of this world.He had me in stiches every night. My husband and I thought he was the best kept secert of princess entertainment.Everything about this cruise was wonderful. disembarkation was also a breeze. We were slated to be called at 8:30
and were called at 8:15 we had our luggage and were at the airport by 9:00. We had plenty of time for our 11:25 flight. Any Questions????
Old February 28th, 2004, 10:29 PM
Passenger

Thanks so much for the info...we're in the middle of packing for our trip out next week and decided to see what info came in.
You said you stayed on the ship at the canal......we really wondered about that since there are so many trips offered and it's different from so many other ports. Did many people stay on board and were you/they happy they did.
Old February 28th, 2004, 10:50 PM
Beginner

Dear Sunny,
We stayed on the ship because my husband wanted to see the whole Panama Canal
experience! There were a great many trips to be had , though. A couple we met went on the cruise went on a great trip on a train tour. The only problem was we were delayed to go back throuth the canal and everyone off the ship had to wait for us to pick them up.
In all fairness it was not Princess fault. Something with the container ship before us.
so if you have a trip in mind everyone I talked to enjoyed their time off ship. Please so me a favor a say Hi to Dave in Crooners bar. Tell him Nancy with the laughing face misses him. and do yourself a favor and go there you won't be sorry. Gerry and Jo-Jo are great waiters. Any more questions. I envy you. We really miss the ship.
Old February 29th, 2004, 12:29 AM
nantzy

sounds great! it sounds as if we can take many bottles of wine on board with us. Can we take glasses of wine from our cabins to dinner or is that a no no ?
Old June 10th, 2004, 04:53 PM
Beginner

We getting ready to book the same cruse tour next July. And I was looking at the same cabin location also. I would really like to hear from you when you get back and find out more details. Hope you have a GREAT trip.
Old June 11th, 2004, 09:33 AM
pringle

"Can we take glasses of wine from our cabins to dinner or is that a no no ?"

Can't believe you actually asked that !!!!!

I will be taking wine on board to drink in the cabin but I would never dream of carrying glasses filled with wine to dinner!

1) It would be extremely dangerous walking down corridors with glasses....imagine if everybody tried that......mind you, if would be really funny to watch!
2) If you want to save money rather than buy a bottle or even a glass of wine at the table, why not book yourself on a cheaper cruise line & the money you save will enable you to afford a glass or 2!!!!

Hope you are on our cruise ;-)