Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 28th, 2004, 03:14 PM
DICK STEIN

Default Captain Circle

I have 14 cruises in with Princess and my next cruise is 6/13 with them. I have not got my last 3 copys of Captains Circle and wrote them a short letter indicating that I can still cancel if they continue to ignore me as a past passanger. This started with Carnivals take over. Is it just me or have any of you been receiving this same treatment. Seem if you don't sail with them for a year they drop you. Please vent if you have experienced the same treatment. Anyone been on Princess since they became Princival.
Sponsored Links
Old February 28th, 2004, 03:51 PM
SarahJ

Default Re: Captain Circle

Seems sort of drastic to cancel if you haven't received a newsletter. Next time, just call and ask for a newsletter to be sent to you.
Old February 28th, 2004, 03:54 PM
Cruise Maniac

We are still getting ours with our same Princess Number that we've had for 20 years and so are some friends who have not sailed with Princess for the past three years.

It would be interesting to know if others are also having this problem.
Old February 28th, 2004, 06:18 PM
Passenger

We have been using the same number for years.

You are almost to their Elite Status level which is for someone who has completed 15 or more cruises.
You will get some additional perks at that level, that include Gold and Platinum benefits.

The new Elite Level has the following additional benefits:
Complimentary dry cleaning and laundry
Shoe polishing
Priority Tender embarkment
10% Boutique discount
Complimentary Wine Tasting
Complimentary mini-bar set up
Deluxe canapes
Upgraded stateroom amenities
Afternoon Tea

Have you confirmed that they have your correct address?
Old February 29th, 2004, 07:59 AM
DICK STEIN

Thank you for all your input. Princess emailed me and is putting a copy of Captains Circle in the mail. There is probably a greater chance that my cruise will be canceled by the line than by me since this is the first cruise of the Sapphire princess. The elite status also bothers me because I do not feel I got proper credit for my longer cruises. On HAL it is 100 days, 200 day for their metals.
Old February 29th, 2004, 12:50 PM
M. Thomas

We have sailed with Princess only once three years ago. We have never received a newsletter. We didn't really think about it much until we booked another cruise with Princess April 04. I tried to find out our Captains Circle membership number through the Princess cruise website and through e-mail to Princess Cruiselines. They then e-mailed back and wanted more info, full names, date of our first cruise etc. I replied back with the info. They did e-mail us back afew days later with our booking number stating after we sail with Princess for the first time THEN we will be members of the Captains Circle. So, I made one last attemt at this and phoned the Princess Cruise line toll free number. I explained to them that we should already be CaptainCircle members. She told me to fax or e-mail proof that we sailed with them before. Such as photos, luggage tags etc....I find this rather annoying. I am not one to complain but I do like to get benifits when I am entitled to them, without having to argue about it. Has anyone else encountered this???
Old February 29th, 2004, 01:02 PM
CarlW.

Default Re: Re: Captain Circle

Our first cruise was on Dawn Princess, Aug, 2001. We started receiving the newsletter right away, and still receive it. Our 2nd cruise was just last month on island Princess, Ft Lauderdale, 10 days to Panama and back with stops on the way. It was great, and we booked another cruise while on board. Everyone we talked to, said to book while on ship, and save. You can leave it open for 4 years, and if you change your mind, you can get full refund.
Old February 29th, 2004, 07:04 PM
bluewaves

never had this problem, had the newsletter coming almost as soon as I disembarked my first princess cruise
Old March 1st, 2004, 09:05 AM
First Mate

We are listed in cruise documents as "gold" for captain's circle. Does anyone know what this means and what it may afford us on the cruise?

Thanks
Old March 1st, 2004, 10:28 AM
Admiral

Ann - you automatically become gold members after your first cruise, this will get you an invite to the Captan's cocktail party on your next Princess cruise
Old March 1st, 2004, 11:02 AM
Pea

A travelmate of mine had problems for a long time getting the Captain's Circle mailings and other offers. The rest of us had been getting stuff an average of one to two times per week. It took many calls until someone finally signed her up to receive this info properly.

Pea
Old March 1st, 2004, 02:38 PM
DICK STEIN

Captains club finally came in mail. Pays to complain. Can't tell you how much I have saved on cruises by complaining. It gets their attention when your on the ship too. Expect to be treated like a guest at all times and know where the Hotel Managers office is.
Old March 1st, 2004, 04:00 PM
Pea

As long as complaining is about something valid and not just complaining to "get something", I wouldn't have a problem with it. For too many people, it is the other way around. I don't complain to get "paid". I complain to bring attention to a situation and hopefully get it resolved. If I get the benefit from it, that's great but sometimes the pay off for me is knowing that other people will reap the benefit.

Pea
Old March 1st, 2004, 08:05 PM
Admiral

Ann - go to Princess web site and check into Captains Circle with your member's number ... also check the quarterly mailings - both show what Gold, Platinum, etc. entail. Gold means you've taken 1 through 5 cruises, Platinum 6 through 15 and a new one (forgot the name) that you're on your 16 or above cruise.

I cruise the Emerald Princess, Eastern Caribbean on April 16, 2012