Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 3rd, 2004, 09:23 PM
sweetsea

Default Lido deck upgrade????

We are booked on the Caribbean Princess. We have been "upgraded" to a room on Lido deck. Cat. BA. I worry that it will be noisy with the traffic going to Horizon Court & also the pools. Should I be concerned? What about the movement of the ship being that high. I would appreciate any thoughts from anyone who has stayed in similar rooms on the Golden or Grand.
Sponsored Links
Old March 3rd, 2004, 09:32 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin
Default Re: Lido deck upgrade????

Sweet,

We are booked on the Lido on the Diamond -- I was thrilled. Face it, most times when you are heading day-to-day it's the pools or buffet restaurant. Big A+ for convenience.

Also, most people will take the midship or aft elevators there, so I would not worry about noise.

Finally, they insulate the cabins so well.

I would be happy.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old March 5th, 2004, 08:02 AM
Tony and Jennifer

We had a balcony cabin on the Lido deck, on the Star Princess from LA to Sydney in November 03. No problems, if fact when you are in port you get a better view and also there are no balconies above you (but you can see down on to others).
Old March 10th, 2004, 12:46 PM
Julia Smith

We had an inside on the Lido deck on the Grand July 2003. We did not hear any noise and no other problems.
Old March 10th, 2004, 10:03 PM
LagJag

I also receive an upgrade to Lido deck for the 6/26 CP cruise. I was wondering the same thing, is this a good thing? I was on the Baja deck. How many times before the cruise can you get upgraded?? I heard they may do it again depending on the number of reservations they have.
Old March 11th, 2004, 10:11 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Lido deck upgrade????

Hi LagJag: I just loved your question. It's mine, as well. I was on Sapphire on Baja for August and got "upgraded" to Alhoa. Wondering if it's a "good thing?" Hopefully, the more informed cruiisers will "inform" us!???!!! Marty
Old March 11th, 2004, 10:27 PM
sweetsea

I think the Lido deck will be just great. I asked this same question on other boards & the overwhelming answer was that we will be very happy!
Old March 12th, 2004, 11:37 AM
Future_First_timmer

Hello, I have been reading the message boards and I see a lot of people saying that they received upgrades. Can you tell me how it worked?
Old March 12th, 2004, 11:39 AM
Future_First_timmer

How did you get upgraded? I am set to sail december04. I am currently on the aloha deck w/ balcony.
Old March 13th, 2004, 11:44 AM
LagJag

My Ta says usually 1st timers get offered upgrades, or anyone else also will if they are not getting reservations for the more expensive cabins,or if a group wants a block of cabins together and you already have one they will upgrade you so it frees up the cabin. Does this make sense?? I also was tolded they offer upgrades after you pay in full usually 1 month before you sail, however I was offered my upgrade 1 week after I put down my deposit so who knows!!
Old March 13th, 2004, 01:03 PM
sweetsea

We took a Guarantee, which means that you will get at least that catagory room. For example, we booked Cat. BE guarantee. We had three rooms. Since there are VERY few BE rooms available, chances were pretty good we would be upgraded. We all got Cat. BA. Of course this means you have to be happy with whatver location you are given. Some say that the earlier you book increases your chance of upgrade.