Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 5th, 2004, 10:11 AM
brygris

Default snorkeling

29 days to sail golden 4-3. Anyone out there ever go on sailboat snorkel trip to Buck Island's Turtle cove? How was it? Also, how is the snorkeling on Princess Cay? Any areas better than others for seeing sea life and coral?
Sponsored Links
Old March 5th, 2004, 06:52 PM
ESS

Default Re: snorkeling

We snorkeled at the Princess Cays. Of course with our luck, we went to the right instead of the left. We later discovered the fish were at the left when you got off the tender. They were hanging out below the covered pier.
If you don't own your own snorkel gear - buy some. For 50-75 dollars you can have your own quality gear and you will save about 30 dollars in rental fees. I am always amused to observed individuals spending thousands on their cruise, but refusing to spend the small amount to make their snorkel experience first rate. We have used our snorkel equipment numberous times.
Have fun on your cruise.
Old March 5th, 2004, 08:16 PM
brygris

Any ideas on types of stores to look for them ESS?
Old March 5th, 2004, 09:03 PM
Yeoman

Just try a local sporting goods store. For comfortable snorkelling, your fins have to have a comfortable fit, and your mask should not leak.. Your snorkel tube should be bent, and not straight up. The mask fit is the key. I've always taken my own snorkel gear..but then, I'm a diver, so I'm really particular.
Old March 5th, 2004, 09:28 PM
Passenger

We went on the Buck Island Turtle Cove sail/snorkel, booked through Princess, on February 11, 2004. We went out on a small sailing yacht. It took about 1 hour to reach Turtle Cove from the Havensight Pier, where the Golden Princess was docked.

I don't snorkel so I stayed in the boat, but most of the other passengers snorkeled. Our boat, along with a few others, anchored in Turtle Cove in about 20 feet of calm water. A crew member took passengers on a 1-hour guided snorkeling tour of the reefs. Fellow passengers said it was great... the colors on the fish were spectacular. Some said they saw sting rays and sea turtles. Like I said, I stayed in the boat, but I saw several sea turtles surface for air.

On the way out to Buck Island, soft drinks were served. On the way back, rum punch, beer and sodas were offered, as well as bowls of chips and salsa. I enjoyed the trip. It was very peaceful.
Old March 6th, 2004, 07:18 PM
DavidKade

Gear...
Go to a dive shop for the mask. tell them it's for snorkling and let them fit you. You cannot believe the difference that a qualified fitting makes.