Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 6th, 2004, 01:34 AM
JohnA

Default PACIFIC/TAHITIAN PRINCESS

I am going on a 24 day cruise in August on the Pacific Princess from Tahiti to Florida. I was wondering since both ships are the same, has anyone been on either. Since they are smaller ships, how did they handle on the open ocean. Any other information about their food, shows, etc....would be really appreciated. Thanks...John
Sponsored Links
Old March 8th, 2004, 11:59 AM
shirla

Default Re: PACIFIC/TAHITIAN PRINCESS

My husband and I were on the Tahitian Princess last year for 10 days. It is a beautiful ship and quite a bit smaller that the others I was used to (e.g. Dawn, Sun etc) It took me a couple of days to get used to the difference but once I did, it was great. We had a couple of days where the seas were rough and the ship does move quite a bit. The shows were good but there is only one theatre. Their never seemed to be the crowds I experienced on the other ships. The biggest difference was the "closeness" of the whole ship. Faces became much more familiar and you actually got to know alot more people. It seemed cozier - we had a fantastic time. We had a mini suite and it was fantastic - first time ever for a mini suite. We usually just get a cabin with a balcony. If you are used to a balcony on other Princess ships, please note that there is no fridge in those rooms and the rooms are quite a bit smaller. Selection of food for lunch is not as extensive but still quite good and you have a very nice section outside to eat. Pool - only one and very small. Everything is on a smaller scale but I guarantee you will love the ship.
Old March 10th, 2004, 01:24 AM
JohnA

Thanks Shirla for the information you provided. We are booked in a mini suite also and are looking forward to the cruise. My wife just seems to be worried about getting sick on such a small ship as we cross the Pacific Ocean. Oh. Well, I guess we will have to wait and see! Bye the way, did you try out the Italian Resturant or the Steakhouse while on board. If so how much was it there to eat. Thanks again....John
Old July 15th, 2004, 02:07 PM
Tom & Lorraine

Default Re: Re: PACIFIC/TAHITIAN PRINCESS

John, We are also cruising on the Pacific Princess, Aug. 29, 2004, from papeete to Ft. Lauderdale. I had posted on "Cruise Mates" asking if anyone else was sailing with us, but no one responded. I did however find a "Princes" Roll Call on Cruisecritic.com. As of today we're been in contact with 14 other people on our cruise. We'd love to know something about you and invite you to join in on that Roll Call, if you would like to. Our group has booked a private tour for the few hours we'll be on Easter Island. Right now, I'm organizing a list of this group with cabin numbers & dinning preference. Tom & I will be eating late and now 2 couples have joining us at our large table. If you would like you can contact me via e-mail or check the postings under Princess Roll Call - Pacific Princess - August 28, Papeete - Ft. Lauderdale. (I had made a mistake on the date when I first started the Roll Call. I was counting the day we're leaving. We are staying one night in a hotel in Papeete. Looking forward to hearing from you. Lorraine & Tom

Old July 16th, 2004, 06:15 AM
Beginner

Hi, we went on the Pacific Princess earlier this year from Sydney to Tahiti - it was great! Boat moved a bit but was fine and barely noticable (in middle cabn on ship which helped). Great people workng on board and great food! A real 'boutique and unique' ship. Enjoy! :-)

Andrew