Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 6th, 2004, 09:17 AM
Lisa Gardner

Default Bumped to another cruise?

Hello,

My friends and I have been called by Princess this week to bump to another cruise--they "slightly overbooked" the Golden for next week 3/13. We took their generous offer to now sail the Carribean Princess and we were upgraded to a BB; we purchased an HH guarantee. Anybody else have this experience before? I wasn't aware that they do ships like they do airplanes.
Sponsored Links
Old March 6th, 2004, 11:27 AM
Hugger

Default Re: Bumped to another cruise?

Good for you!!! You will love the BB cat - the Balcony is so Wonderful to have.
We LOVED the Golden, however, the Carribean Princess is even newer. My sister in law had a BA last year which is basically the same thing as a BB just a bit better location and the balcony is just fabulous in this cat. on the Grand class ships.
ENJOY - the upgrade fairy has smiled on you
Old March 6th, 2004, 12:02 PM
Familiar Face

We were asked to bump once and received a better cabin on a later cruyise + $350 each shiupboard credit.
Old March 8th, 2004, 05:52 PM
Passenger

I had this happen once in NCL. We were supposed to do a 10 night Panama Canal cruise and they overbooked. Instead, they put us on a 14 night South American cruise w/air for the same price. We had a great time!
Old March 9th, 2004, 12:43 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

I was once offered a chance to switch cruises......May 1999 on the Sea Princess. Was scheduled to sail on 5/15/99...was offered an 18 category upgade (lowest inside to balcony cabin) and $500 on board credit to sail 2 weeks later, but my employer would NOT let me change the weeks of my vacation (and I even had people lined up to work for me on the days where there would be problem getting coverage for me - I'm a nurse) and they still said no. I was a little ticked off to say the least, but did enjoy my original cruise very much.

Old March 9th, 2004, 06:53 AM
Lisa Gardner

Apparently, this does occur occasionally. I'm wondering if I could have held out for more of a shipboard credit. Well, we're going on the next rescheduled cruise no matter what the offer is. I am so ready to leave the cold here in Cincinnati. Lisa, I am a nurse too. Thankfully, they were pleasantly willing to change my schedule. I only work prn so it didn't involve much. Thanks for the replies.