Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 11th, 2004, 04:47 PM
Christina Parker

Default Grand Cayman-traveling on the island

We will be arriving at "12 noon" and have a reservation for an excursion to stingray city, which has a check in time of 1:15. Can anyone tell me if the ships generally arrive to the islands on time, under normal circumstances? We would also like to visit "Hell" and the Tortuga rum company, can anyone also tell me how far these two places are in relation to the port? We depart Grand Cayman at about 6pm and I am trying to figure out the best way to fit everything we want to do in without missing the boat! Do you think that we could visit hell and the rum company before our excursion? Thanks so much in advance for any help. Christina
Sponsored Links
Old March 11th, 2004, 06:44 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Grand Cayman-traveling on the island

Hi Chris,
I honestly think if you do the Sting Ray City tour, that will be about it....the town of Hell is a ways from the port, you'd need to take a taxi out there and you also have to tender there, so you'll need to allow time for that too.

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 12th, 2004, 09:36 AM
Admiral

Arriving GC at noon means the ship is scheduled to anchor at the time and hopefully be ready to begin running the tenders. Delays can happen and often do. Is your trip to Stingray City a ship excursion? If not, you won't be given priority tender service. So it will take some time to catch a tender to the island and catch a taxi/bus to your check-in point. I don't think you'll have time to do anything prior to your excursion.

A tour to Stingray City is certainly IMO is a don't miss experience. The town of Hell is not on the "don't miss" list IMO. Can't comment on the Tortuga Rum Factory as I have not been there.

Have you played CruiseMates Cruise Trivia Today?
Old March 12th, 2004, 09:56 AM
Admiral

Key for me in getting off on an early tender is to be ready and in line an hour before the posted time. You have a disadvantage of a noon arrival due to most everyone being up and ready by then. But do try. If you are back from your stingray tour (is it independent- how long) by 4:00pm- you could take a cab to Hell- have them wait and then a stop at the rum factory for a quick purchase. You NEED to be back at the tender line by 5:30pm
Old March 12th, 2004, 11:58 AM
Josie

you also need to find out if you leave the harbour area for stingray city at 1:15 or if you need to be at the launch place for Stingray City at 1:15. I seem to recall with busy mid-day traffic the ride to the launch area was about a 20 minute one. Hell is no great Hell.