Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 16th, 2004, 12:36 PM
Gopher's Girl

Default Caribe and Baja decks on Dawn Princess

I was wondering if anyone would be able to help out... the picture of the Dawn Princess makes the balcony openings on the Caribe Deck look smaller than those on the Baja deck, though there is no difference in category on some of the rooms. Has anyone stayed on either of these decks and would be able to give us an idea of what to expect.

Going on first cruise in a couple of weeks and was swapped up to a balcony from an oceanview as a last minute "overbooking" occurred. Has this happened to anyone else?

Any tips in addition to what I have seen on the board so far would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old March 16th, 2004, 01:04 PM
margy

Default Re: Caribe and Baja decks on Dawn Princess

stayed on Caribe with a balcony the week of March 7- 14- it was wonderful!!!!
the balcony has enough room for 2 cafe style chairs and a round table and plenty of space to move around and look out over the sea. it's well worth it!!!

bring clothes pins to hang your bathing suit in the shower clothes line- they dry over night. bring some plastic bags in case you pick up stuff on the beaches.

do everything!! go everywhere on the ship, try all the different shows, restaurants, bars, chairs, pools, hot tubs, bring lots of film!!! enjoy!!!!!
Old March 16th, 2004, 02:47 PM
Gopher's Girl

Default Re: Re: Caribe and Baja decks on Dawn Princess

Thanks!! Writing everything down now!! You were on my original ship (the one that was "overbooked") glad to hear you had a great time
Old March 16th, 2004, 03:06 PM
Lisa Gardner

Hey Gopher Girl,

The "slightly overbooked" thing happened to us too just 10 days before we were set to sail. We would be cruising the Golden at this very moment, but we opted to accept their offer to upgrade and get a shipboard credit. We had an obstructed oceanview guarantee on the emerald deck and now we are in a balcony cabin on the riviera deck onboard the new Carribean Princess. We also received a total of $500 shipboard credit. It was a package worth over a $1000. We are anxious but hope our patience will pay off. What was your original ship? When are you going on the Dawn? I wonder if the overbooking thing happens with every cruise similar to airlines.
Old March 16th, 2004, 03:57 PM
First Mate

We had a balcony on the Caribe deck two of the Dawn Princess two years ago and absolutely loved it. As the person before me said, there is a small round table and two chairs. Where are you going? We did the southern Caribbean. It was gorgeous. Have a great time.
Bobbie
Old March 16th, 2004, 04:44 PM
Passenger

You'll love the balcony. Just as stated by others. Great for early arrivals in port, just stand on your balcony and take it all in.
Old March 17th, 2004, 08:34 AM
Gopher's Girl

Default Re: Re: Caribe and Baja decks on Dawn Princess

Getting more excited by the minute. It sounds like they got us a little easier than they got you... we are on the same ship and got $400 in credit (for both of us)... We leave on 04/11 and are doing the Southern Caribbean Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Martin, Tortola, and St. Thomas. Our original itinerary would have been March 7 to St. Thomas, St. Kitts, Grenada, Isla Margarita, and Aruba. I am relieved that we are not going to Isla Margarita, with all the travel advisories for Venezuela and all.

The Caribbean Princess sounds like a wonderful ship, so depending on how I do with this one (first cruise) I might have to try that one next!
Old March 17th, 2004, 07:23 PM
Yeoman

We were on Baja deck of the Sun which is a carbon copy of the Dawn. The opening on the Caribe deck is slightly smaller than that on the Baja and Aloha decks. The ones on Baja and Aloha are about 3 feet deep. On some Princess ships, the Caribe balconies are a little deeper, but I'm not sure which ones. There is just enough room to sit and not have your knees bump the railing. But you will still enjoy having it! Have fun!

Carnival Inspiration