Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 18th, 2004, 04:56 PM
Carol Kvasnicka

Default GOLDEN PRINCESS AUGUST 01

MY FAMILY AND I ARE GOING ON THE GOLDEN 01AUGUST, WE HAVE 2 MINI SUITE CABINS ON D DECK D210/D212. I AM AWARE OF THE BALCONY BEING ALL UNCOVERED HOWEVER WE WERE ON THE GALAXY IN JANUARY AND HAD A SKY SUITE WITH A BIG BALCONY(166 SQ FT) 1/3 WAS COVERED AND 2/3 NOT. I DON'T THINK WE HARDLY SAT IN THE SHADED AREA. BEING FROM CHICAGO WANTED AS MUCH SUN AS POSSIBLE. I DO WANT ANY INFO ANYONE CAN GIVE ME ON WHETHER OR NOT THEY HAVE SUSHI ON THE GOLDEN ( HAD SUSHI EVERY NIGHT AS AN EVENING SNACK PRIOR TO DINNER (WE HAD A LATE DINNER). ALSO DOES ANYBODY KNOW IF THE SOFA BED IN THE CABIN IS COMFORTABLE ENOUGH FOR A FULL SIZE ADULT TO SLEEP ON. THANKS FOR ANY INPUT, CAROL
Sponsored Links
Old March 19th, 2004, 10:03 AM
Carol Kvasnicka

Default Re: GOLDEN PRINCESS AUGUST 01

JUST BUMPING, HOPE TO HERE SOON!!!!!!!!!!!
Old March 20th, 2004, 10:27 AM
rick111

hey, i will be on this ship also. are you staying the night before in san jaun. if so, do you know any good hotels.
Old March 22nd, 2004, 09:30 AM
Carol Kvasnicka

No we are not staying the night before, we will arrive day of departure. I have stayed at the marriott before but it doesn't always come cheap, also the raddison and the wyndhams you can try. Carol
Old March 23rd, 2004, 09:47 AM
Carol Kvasnicka

I just read something that Sabatino's has a brunch option when at sea. Any feedback would be appreciated. thanks Carol
Old March 24th, 2004, 08:47 AM
Admiral

Carol we had a mini-suite, dolphin deck on the Golden and we loved it. The whole uncovered balcony thing was no big deal for us. Sure if you wanted to lean on the rail, turn around and look up you could see your shipmates. We liked being out in the warm sun also. As for the sofa bed its ok for an average sized adult. My son who is 6'1" found that it was more comfortable for him to sleep in the bunk above the sofa bed. It was longer. The layout of the mini-suite is really nice. Sushi is available at Horizon Court buffet.
Old March 24th, 2004, 01:04 PM
Carol Kvasnicka

LISA K, THANKS FOR THE GREAT INFO. MY NEPHEW IS 6'5 SO THE SOFABED MIGHT NOT WORK SO WELL. WE HAVE BEEN ON A LOT OF CRUISES AND HAD LOTS OF BALCONYS, (MOSTLY CELEBRITY AND ROYAL CARIBBEAN). THE SUN DOES'NT BOTHER ME NOR DOES THE OPEN (NOT PRIVATE)BALCONY. THE SUSHI ON CELEBRITY WAS THE THE BEST SUSHI I'VE EVER HAD. I HOPE PRINCESS CAN COMPARE. WE WERE ON CARNIVAL PRIDE (MEXICAN RIVIERA) A FEW YEARS AGO, AND WHAT THEY CALLED SUSHI WAS A DISGRACE. IT WAS ALL CALIFORNIA STYLE, (NOT RAW). SAID THEY COULD NOT SERVE ANY RAW FISH, CALIFORNIA LAW. THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR INPUT....CK
Old March 25th, 2004, 11:30 AM
Carol Kvasnicka

`just found out that princess upgraded us ( 1 week after confirmation ). we declined because it would have split up our cabins next to each other. and it was on the same deck anyway. from an AC to an AA. just had to let someone know, thats pretty good for never cruising with princess before. WOW.....
Old March 29th, 2004, 07:35 AM
rick111

bump
Old March 29th, 2004, 08:39 AM
Admiral

Carol - when you board make sure you ask your cabin steward to unlock the door between the balconies- this is where bungee cords come in handy - if you want to leave the door open and its windy it won't stay open, we had to put a chair in front of the door to our friends balcony cabin.
Old March 29th, 2004, 10:12 PM
carol kvasnicka

Thanks lisa , someone else mentioned that and i wondered when we could request it. I think my husband has lots of the bungee cord things. I'm hoping the weather in august is as beautiful as our weather was last August on the adventure of the seas(RCCL). We also like to leave our balcony door open at bedtime, just love the sound from the ocean. Still waiting for some feedback on the sushi, anyone please!!!!!
Old March 30th, 2004, 09:24 AM
Carol Kvasnicka

bump
Old March 31st, 2004, 11:10 AM
Carol Kvasnicka

anyone on the golden in august, we just got notified that they cancelled caracas because of ongoing political instability. they have replaced it with guamache, isle margarita. little disapointed, because we were in margarita island in january on the galaxy. OH WELL, i quess its for the best.
Old March 31st, 2004, 09:02 PM
carol kvasnicka

bump for last msg
Old April 1st, 2004, 10:45 PM
carol kvasnicka

i booked today the caribbean princess in january 2005, going on golden in august. does anyone know if i can get the past passenger rate for january, even though i hav'nt sailed yet. or do i have to wait until i get back in august to have my ta adjust our rate!!!!
Old April 5th, 2004, 10:30 AM
Carol Kvasnicka

I'm still a little confused about personal choice dining.We have it , does this mean that we eat at a different restaurant than people that have traditional dining. I'm so confused!!!! please any info you have will be appreciated, Thanks CK
Old April 5th, 2004, 12:15 PM
rick111

personal dining means you can eat when you want and where you want.
Old April 5th, 2004, 01:10 PM
Carol Kvasnicka

I know we can whenever we want, and WHERE but that was'nt my question, thank's anyways... ANYONE ELSE PLEASE!!!!!!
Old April 5th, 2004, 09:57 PM
rick111

what is there to be confused about????? personal choice means you DONT have a time to eat, like traditional dining. VERY SIMPLE!!!!!
Old April 7th, 2004, 12:49 AM
Yeoman

Yes you will eat at a different restaurant, BUT,it is the SAME menu!
Please try not to type your whole post in capitals. It is considered "Shouting" and it is harder to read.
There are many posts on Personal choice dining, most people find they really like it!
Try not to compare everything from one cruise line to another, you will never be happy if you do that. Princess does have some things that Celebrity does not, like, 24 hr food court, freshwater pools and hot tubs open 24 hrs also.
Enjoy your cruise.
Old April 7th, 2004, 06:23 AM
Admiral

Carol, I very much enjoyed the brunch on the Golden. Our reservation was I think, at 11 am, right after the restaurant opened. Not too many people, and we had wonderful service, delicious food, and a great time. I would do it again. Go easy on the Mimosas!

We also had personal choice dining. Although personal choice diners eat in a different dining room than the traditional diners, the dining rooms are equal in design and decor. What's that the answer to your question? I think there were 2 dining rooms for personal choice, and one dining room doing traditional.

Have you played CruiseMates Cruise Trivia Today?
Old April 7th, 2004, 09:55 AM
Cruise Maniac

pg, sorry about the caps i don't know why i do it. I am really looking forward to my cruise on princess, i know all lines are different. I'm willing to give pc a chance. Mermaid, thanks for the great info, it was just what i was looking for. We all really want to try the brunch, i suppose we have to make reservations as soon as we get on the ship. although this is our first princess, we are all seasoned cruisers. The closest we ever came to personal choice was freestyle on ncl, Norwegian Star Hawaii cruise. I always wondered if they had a different dining room, because it did'nt make sense to do it any other way. thank you both for your input CK
Old April 8th, 2004, 09:34 AM
Cruise Maniac

booked today the caribbean princess in january 2005, going on golden in august. does anyone know if i can get the past passenger rate for january, even though i hav'nt sailed yet. or do i have to wait until i get back in august to have my ta adjust our rate!!!!
Old April 9th, 2004, 02:02 PM
rick111

bump