Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 22nd, 2004, 10:04 PM
Passenger

Default Diamond Princess Aft Minisuites

Would appreciate any info on these suites----E728 and E731--Princess reps have given me conflicting info on whether there has been a change from the Grand and Golden--one rep told me that notwithstanding the deck plans in the brochure, it was changed before it was built and the wraparound was eliminated.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old March 23rd, 2004, 09:59 AM
SharB

Default Re: Diamond Princess Aft Minisuites

Hi Gaa!

You might want to go to the CA web site and look at their photo gallery under Diamond Princess. There are some good aft shots there. The minis balcony rounds off, but I don't know if that's what you meant by wrap around. It definitely doesn't make it to the side of the ship.

Shar
Old March 23rd, 2004, 10:18 AM
pugsbest

We are booked in E728 and E731 for Alaska in June and I have been hunting for specific info on these rooms. Here is a couple comments from someone that actually stayed in the room:

the minisuite (E731) is set up exactly like the minisuites in the Grand class (the desk is at an angle, not straight like on the Coral Princess) The upholstered panels, matching the bedspread are a nice seafoam and cream, nothing garish (as I found the standard balcony's fabrics to be, but that's just taste). The chair in the living room of the mini is nicer than that of the grand class. It had a natural rattan like back, and a tan leather seating surface (probably vinyl, but done well) and the same seating surface is found on the desk chair. Felt more upscale than the Grand or Sun class cabins. Fabrics were richer, carpets a higher quality.

I know I'm spending a lot of time talking about 'soft goods' as they call them in the cruise industry, but it really seems to me that this is where the main differences lie between the Diamond class and others. I had no need to use the couch as a bed, but was surprised to find that it was different from what had been described about grand class mini suite couches. This one actually folds out, but only the two pillows closest to the sliding glass door need to be removed for this fold-out to occur. In other words, the bed that folds out is not the whole width of the couch. It may be a 'single' bed, but I didn't measure it. The couch was more comfortable than the minis I've seen on other Princess ships, again with richer fabric and padding. The balcony is SPECTACULAR though, and has room enough for a cocktail party of ten or more (if you folded up your outdoor furniture and moved it to one side).

And another comment about these rooms:

Hey everybody, just to answer the question about E731 (mini). My friend and I, traveling as 'singles' were in rooms E731 and E735 (aft BB). Absolutley NO noise whatsoever except on Deck party night when the music from above could be heard - but not anything awful. I was really concerned about noise, and there was real POUNDING disco music going on in club fusion at times, and when I would be walking down the promenade deck and hear really loud music I would run upstairs to my cabin, close the sliding glass door and lsiten. NEVER did I hear a thing. I was shocked. Soundproofing has been perfected!

As far as converting twins, yes, both configurations are possible and it IS a tub/shower combo.

I also found a picture of the balcony from the outside of the ship. You can see the deck is about twice the width of the other mini-suites, but it does not "wrap-around" the ship.

http://www.cruise-addicts.com/pictur...e.php?id=41452
Old March 23rd, 2004, 11:37 AM
SharB

That's great info, thanks Pugs!
Old March 23rd, 2004, 03:19 PM
Passenger

Thanks for all of the info---that answers my questions!
Old May 2nd, 2004, 12:46 PM
judy schenkman

Default Re: Re: Diamond Princess Aft Minisuites

Do the two cabins, Ae 728 and Ae 731, have an aft view as well as their respective port or starboard view? We are going with an Ad (emerald deck) guarantee but it would be nice to have a larger balcony with an aft view. We have time to change our booking if only we could get specific advice. I would love a picture of the balcony from anyone. Thank you very much. Judy schenkman (We are going on the Sapphire but I am assuming that the configuration is the same?)
Old May 3rd, 2004, 11:17 AM
LK

Default Re: Re: Diamond Princess Aft Minisuites

I just returned from Diamond in E731 and E729 (next door). The balcony is exactly like those on Star, Grand and Golden as I also stayed in the aft balcony on the Star. The rooms are great and even greater, in E731 you'll have a great room steward ! His name is Michael and he is from Poland. He was wonderful. We were on the last Mex Riv trip of the season and the ship is now doing two short cruises this week before starting 7-day Alaska trips next week. I hope you enjoy the cabins and the great balconies!
Old May 3rd, 2004, 10:24 PM
Beryl

Default Re: Re: Re: Diamond Princess Aft Minisuites

Woo Hoo LK...sounds like you had a wonderful time in "my" cabin.....though not mine until February. Could you confirm that the noise from Club Fusion was not a problem in E731.
Old May 4th, 2004, 12:50 PM
LK

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Diamond Princess Aft Minisuites

I never heard a thing! You're going to love it -- but it's MY cabin!!! :-)
Old May 5th, 2004, 12:32 AM
Beryl

:-) LK, I concede since you had it first, but I'm going to borrow it anyway!!