Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 25th, 2004, 09:04 PM
AMoore

Default Bring our own toiletries?

One more question, if you don't mind. What about things like shampoo, conditioner, and soap, etc? We're taking out first cruse in April on the Diamond Princess, and don't know if it's best to bring your own toiletries, or if Princess supplies you with good stuff.

Thanks for your time!
Sponsored Links
Old March 25th, 2004, 09:27 PM
MTS

Default Re: Bring our own toiletries?

I've been on 7 cruises and the cruise lines always supply shampoo, conditioner, body lotion and bar soap.

If you happen to have a suite these items are generally items that they sell at the on board spas which are considered more upscale products.

Unless you prefer your own personal brands what they offer is of good quality.

Happy Cruising! You'll have a fantastic time!

MTS
Old March 26th, 2004, 07:11 AM
Admiral

the shampoo, conditioner and body lotion are good basic products. If you use a special shampoo, conditioner on your hair then bring your own, but if it doesn't matter what you use on your hair, the Princess stuff is just fine.
Old March 26th, 2004, 12:10 PM
Todd & Jeff

Default Re: Re: Bring our own toiletries?

We were on the Grand last October and Princess had recently introduced their "Lotus" line of products. These are available in all cabins and also for purchase at one of the on-board shops. I loved the shampoo and the hand cream!
Old March 28th, 2004, 08:08 PM
bmonroe

We just left the Diamond yesterday. Take your own toiletries-the shampoo and conditioner they supply is not great. If you have any sensitivities to scented soaps take your own soap or body wash as well. My daughter was actually allergice to the soap and broke out in a rash.
There is a hairdryer but, again, a typical hotel-type hairdryer so if that matters, pack your own. There was no lotion provided at all.
Old March 29th, 2004, 07:54 PM
First Mate

I don't like Princess' shampoos and conditioners because they are in those flat, cardboard containers that are hard to open. I prefer the bottles but they haven't used those in many years. Princess claims to be a 4* cruise but the 4* hotels I've stayed in provide plastic bottles of these items. Princess' items are more like a 1 or 2* hotel.
Frank-in-CA
Old March 29th, 2004, 11:51 PM
MTS

Default Re: Re: Bring our own toiletries?

They do provide the bottle shampoo, conditioner and lotions, but they are in the suites. Mini-suites and below have the cardboard containers.

MTS
Old April 7th, 2004, 05:57 PM
cleacat

i have been on 12 cruises and i always bring my own tolitries they dont take up that much space so that way you dont have to try to find your cabin steward to get more
Old April 7th, 2004, 11:09 PM
Here...Again

Princess uses the cardboard packaging because of biodegradability.

I think the toiletries are fine for 7 or 10 days. Just tear them back a bit at the corner before you jump in the shower so that you don't have to try to do it with wet hands.

I've always had cabin stewards who replaced each morning/evening whatever I'd used in the interim. I've never had any shortages or had to ask for something.
Old April 8th, 2004, 06:23 PM
Passenger

I take along a hanging- type container of liquid soap or body wash. Much more convenient for the shower which is pretty tight quarters. Especially if you drop the bar of soap. Ever tried bending down in those showers?
Hint - Avon has some excellent ones.