Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 29th, 2004, 11:22 AM
Beginner

Default Fort Lauderdale Hotel Recommendations

Hello All,

I'm getting a group together for a cruise on the Star Princess in October. We're flying in the day before and I wanted to get some recommendations from you all for a clean, reasonably priced place to stay our one night before embarkation.

I would prefer something relatively close to the seaport, and once again, something clean and reasonable, and not that DUMP we stayed in last time. I can't remember the name of that dump because I've worked really hard to block it out of my mind, and I don't want to undo all that therapy!!!

How much of a dump was it, you ask? Let's just put it this way. . . Tom Bodett wouldn't even leave the light on for us `cause he was too scared to go in there and flip it on, and no, it was not a Motel 6, that would've been the Taj Mahal compared that dump we stayed in. Did I mention it was a dump?

Anyway, thanks for taking time to read my post, any and all replies would be greatly appreciated. Have a great day!

Post Edited (03-29-04 11:26)
Sponsored Links
Old March 29th, 2004, 03:33 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via MSN to shayesship
Default Re: Fort Lauderdale Hotel Recommendations

There are several hotel/motels close to port. A couple that come to mind from (IMHO) best to less are Hyatt Pier 66 on the intercoastal, Marriott resorts across from/on the beach, Embassy Suites and Amerisuites on the 17th Street causeway.

BTW, I went to Priceline.com and entered April 23, 4 star level for Downtown Ft. Lauderdale at $80 and got the Hyatt Pier 66. This is the hotel that I wanted.

65+ cruises on over 10 cruiselines.

Celebrity Mercury 09-24-07
HAL Veendam 12-16-07
PCL Golden Princess 04-19-08
Cunard QM2 11-29-08
CCL Splendor 04-26-09
Old March 29th, 2004, 03:50 PM
Pea

I used Priceline last year for the Marriott Harbor Beach, in the Resort category Fort Lauderdale Beach. $90 for a top notch property was excellent!

Pea
Old March 30th, 2004, 06:48 AM
Beginner

Thanks for the recommendations, I really appreciate it. Have a great day!

Joe

Old March 30th, 2004, 07:19 AM
cruisersdm

This year in Jan. we stayed at the Comfort Suites which was a dump, maybe it's they same hotel you stayed at. Next 1/16/05 we booked on the Star and we're staying at the Amerisuites. They have free transportation from the airport to the hotel and also to the port. They told me when you arrive at the airport just to call them and they will pick up generally in 10-15 minutes. We usually rent a car (Hertz) and take Hertz to the port, it works very well, we might try Amerisuites transportation this next time.
Old March 31st, 2004, 09:13 AM
Admiral

We love Embasssy Suites - nice clean large rooms - you can put 4 in a room easily. great pool, included in the price of the room: transportation from airport to hotel, transportation from hotel to pier, cocktail hour, and full breakfast. You can get a good deal using the on-line auction sights.
Hotel is in a great location - you can walk to the grocery store if you forgot something, there is a nice little shopping mall right next door to the hotel.
Old April 1st, 2004, 10:32 AM
pugsbest

I would also recommend the Embassy Suites for all the reasons mentioned. We got a great deal on priceline and between the free drinks, free breakfast and shuttles, we ended up paying very little for the room!

Julie
Old April 1st, 2004, 10:44 AM
Carol Kvasnicka

How about the Holiday Inn Express at the pier. They also say they give continental breakfast and have airport and pier shuttle service (comp) pretty good rate $79-99...
Old April 1st, 2004, 03:51 PM
Captain

I bid on Priceline for a 3-star, one night, and got the Marriott Marina, which is almost next door to the Port. I think I got it for $40 or $45. Good hotel, shuttle service to port.

If you are familiar with Priceline, and you know where to bid, you should be able to get something good for few $$$.