Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 30th, 2004, 02:36 AM
First Mate

Default SHOWTIME!!!???!!!

I would love to hear some comments from the experienced cruisers regarding onboard, evening entertainment. What, exactly, are the "shows" and when are they performed? Are they different each night? And at what time? Does anyone reccomend a particular time to dine that works out well for these performances? Are these cruise highlights? And, not to be missed? Are they crowded? Is there a piano or soft jazz bar on these ships as well? Thanks, Marty
Sponsored Links
Old March 31st, 2004, 09:09 AM
Admiral

Default Re: SHOWTIME!!!???!!!

which ship please.
Old March 31st, 2004, 10:25 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: SHOWTIME!!!???!!!

Lisa, referring to Princess, specifically Sapphire. Thanks, Marty
Old April 1st, 2004, 08:52 PM
Passenger

I enjoyed some of the shows on our Princess cruises. We like second seating traditional dining. The shows have always fit into that schedule. I think you can always manage to see the shows if you want to, no matter if you have traditional or PC dining.

On our most recent cruise (Grand in December), the first night's welcome aboard show was pretty bad--probably the worst I've seen of this type. We were able to see two shows the second night--a comedian before dinner and a cabaret singer after. Both were good. I did not like the production show the following night (Rhythms of the City)--so I went to see the comedian playing in the Vista Lounge. He was hilarious (Carl Strong). There was a different comedian the next night who was pretty funny--but not hilarious. I really enjoyed Shake, Rattle and Roll. It's another production show--but for some reason it was in the Vista Lounge instead of the Princess Theater. And I liked the next production show--Curtain Up: A salute to Broadway. That was repeated the last night of our cruise--something I've noticed Princess doing more than other cruise lines. But I guess that gives people a chance to see a show that they missed earlier.
Old April 1st, 2004, 10:51 PM
First Mate

Geoherb:

Thanks for your input. I printed your post to take long. I'll look for some of these guys.

Marty
Old April 2nd, 2004, 07:11 AM
Admiral

Marty, the production shows are preformed twice during the evening to accomodate early and late diners. Usually the comedian will also perform2 shows during the evening. There is the disco. Lounges have small bands playing for dancing. There might be a magician aboard, there is passenger talent night, karoeke, island night deck party. Always something going on. All of the evenings activities and entertainment are listed daily in the Princess Patter which is delivered to your cabin .
Old April 2nd, 2004, 08:55 PM
First Mate

Hi LisaK: Thanks for info re: shows done twice each night. Solves dining time issue. Marty