Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 31st, 2004, 11:39 AM
lovemybaskets

Default price reduction

HAS ANYONE EVER RECEIVED A PRICE REDUCTION FROM PRINCESS AFTER FINAL PAYMENT WAS MADE? MY TA FROM AAA WOULD NOT HONOR ANY INTERNET PRICINGS, EVEN THEIR OWN WEBSITE, OR REBOOK ME INTO A HIGHER CABIN CATEGORY FOR A LOWER PRICE. WE ARE SAILING 5/30 ON THE GOLDEN AND BOOKED A JJ INSIDE CABIN FOR $749PP BACK IN DECEMBER. WE WERE UPGRADED TO AN II A FEW WEEKS AGO.
Sponsored Links
Old March 31st, 2004, 12:11 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: price reduction

Unfortunately Princess is one of the worst for discounting prices after final payment has been made.
Their policy is basically.. forget it. You've paid already.

Truly not fair, in my view, when they encourage people to "book early for best prices".

Old March 31st, 2004, 01:43 PM
Pea

Default Re: price reduction

Generally, no you will not get the reduction. Some folks have success by working through their TA. Sometimes, if a cabin is available you may get an upgrade instead. I won't even bother my TA about, because I knew when I booked that any price reductions inside final payment wouldn't be honored.

To me, it makes sense. If there are empty cabins, they need to sell them and have the right to lower the fare for those particular cabins in order to sell them. They can't lower every single passenger's fare and is it fair to lower only those that know about the reduction, etc.

Booking early gives you the advantage of having your choice of cabins, your choice of dining options, etc. You do get to take advantage of price drops up until the final payment. Plus, your fare can never be higher than the amount at which you booked.

When cruises used to cost a lot more and the cruiselines had trouble filling the cabins, yes they did offer reductions after final payment. I doubt that they can afford to do that anymore. I'm not going to complain when it's costing almost 50% less to cruise now...in a mini-suite...than it did 5 years ago on the same ship in an obstructed view outside.

Pea