Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 1st, 2004, 08:07 AM
Passenger

Default Med. Cruise on Star Princess

My husband and I just completed our 12 day Mediterranean Cruise cruise on Star Princess and had a wonderful time.

1. Kusadasi (Ephesus) - We used Byzance Limo. The website is http://more.at/Byzance
The site lists all of the tours and prices. I found them very courteous, professional, and very quick to respond to my emails. There are many wonderful reviews about this company. They were first class and the guides were helpful, informative and very flexible. It was something we enjoyed so much (a feast for the eyes, ears and senses). The following day we took a Bosphorus cruise tour. Could not have been more pleased from the services. They took us to many spots and treated us like treasured friends. We highly recommend them to everyone (really reasonable). Around $200 for up to 6 people for a full day tour. Ephesus was so interesting! See as much as you can.

2. Naples - We used Marcello Maresca from See Sorrento. Our trip will included a visit to Pompeii, then the drive along the Amalfi coast with a stop at his family's restaurant for lunch. Marcello owns the business and has another driver to assist him when he his personally booked up. His website is www.seesorrento.com Marcello's email address is marcellomaresca@tin.it

3. Athens - we used Spiros from www.athenstaxi.net He is very reasonable...around 200 euro for up to 4 people for a full day tour.

4. Villefranche - We are booked through Dream Tours for a tour to Monte Carlo, Monaco, Nice, Eze, and St. Paul de Vence. Alain is the person who handles the reservations. He was VERY helpful and put up with dozens of emails from me. The website is www.dream-tours.com You can email him at infos@dream-tours.com I have also heard that Sylvie De Cristo (sp?) is a wonderful guide here, as well.

Our favorite port was Santorini! We took the half day tour and still had time to shop and make it back to the ship for a late lunch. Everyone takes either the gondola or the donkies back down to the tenders! Fun!
Make sure to be out on deck when you sail into Malta! Nothing like it! We took a taxi into town and went to St. John's Co-cathedral. An amazing, pleasant surprise and right in the middle of town right above where the ship docks. Still had time to shop a bit and get back to the ship in time for lunch.(This always helps in the finance department!)
Mykonos, we didn't take a tour because the ship has a shuttle bus to town. We enjoyed the photo opportunities here as well as shopping for music. We heard some complaints from people who paid for tours here... but then there are always some unhappy campers everywhere!

We couldn't find anything to complain about the cruise. The price was right, the accommodations (ship and hotels) were great and the crew were very pleasant. We have no regrets (other than we aren't doing it again this year!!!).
If you have any questions do not hesitate to email me mka1934@hotmail.com
Oh, I could go on and on! Have a wonderful trip!
Sponsored Links
Old April 30th, 2005, 02:30 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Med. Cruise on Star Princess

We used Dream Tours out of Villefranche and Shorex Turkey in Kusadasi and Istanbul. They were both very nice and they did take us all over. We went to St. Paul de Vence, Nice, and Monaco. Price wise - okay - not as reasonable as Debbie in Barcelona, though!
Dream Tours can be reached at infos@dream-tours.com.
Shorex Turkey can be reached at ephesustours@yahoo.com
Old June 13th, 2005, 09:06 AM
venice

Default Re: Re: Med. Cruise on Star Princess

I've been to Ephesus 3 times and it was awesome each time..enjoy the experience !!!
Old July 20th, 2005, 10:43 AM
Sevil2001

Default Med. Cruise

Any suggestions? What are the must-sees? Will be there next month.
Old July 31st, 2005, 10:35 AM
Sturgeonqueen

Default Re: Re: Med. Cruise on Star Princess

I appreciated knowing about shore excursions for the eastern Mediterranean.
Thanx a bunch.
Old July 1st, 2006, 03:10 AM
Beginner

Default Re: Med. Cruise on Star Princess

Thanks so much for your post.
As per your recommendations we used Shorex Turkey for our Ephesus tour from port of Kusadasi. They did a great job !
Before we left on our trip I contacted them. There were 6 of us in our party and we met up with our guide Fatma at the port around 9:00 am. The 'Exciting Trip to History' tour lasted 4 hours and our guide was a wealth of information.
We learned so much, not only about the history of Ephesus but about Turkish social and political culture. I highly recommend this guide, she was wonderful. We were so happy we weren't being herded in groups of 30 like the cruise ship tours. Small groups are the only way to go.

We had a terrific cruise & the Med is absolutely gorgeous.