Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 3rd, 2004, 11:51 AM
Passenger

Default 4 TWIN BEDS

This board is so helpful and informative. My husband, daughter and myself are scheduled on the Sapphire Princess in August. We have a BB cabin on the aloha deck and after speaking with Princess I am a little concerned. It seems the twin beds in this cabin can not be put together to make a double bed. It actually sounds like bunk beds, that is 2 twin beds on the bottom and 2 twin beds on the top. Are these regular twin beds or are they bunk beds? Is it comfortable sleeping? This is our first cruise and wouldn't want it ruined because we chose the wrong room. Thank you for any info you can provide.
Sponsored Links
Old April 3rd, 2004, 06:09 PM
Todd R

Default Re: 4 TWIN BEDS

The two beds 'on top' will be pull down bunks from the ceiling. The two twins on the bottom will be the regular beds (convertible twins) BUT when there are 4 to a Balcony room, I have heard/read that they will not push the bottom twins together to make a queen (safety reasons?).

So, if you and hubby want your bottom twins pushed to make a queen, your alternative is to go for a mini-suite.
Old April 3rd, 2004, 08:12 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: 4 TWIN BEDS

Thank you for answering. I feel much better knowing that the bottom two are regular twin beds. I have no problem with that. I just didn't want to be sleeping in a bunk style bed on a vacation. We have bunk beds at our cabin. I just thought a cruise would be more luxurious. Really don't want to change our room if we don't have too, as we have friends who booked the room next door, and we like the fact that we are directly mid ship. Thanks again for your help.
Old April 3rd, 2004, 09:47 PM
Dave K

Default Re: 4 TWIN BEDS

Your cabin configuration is probably the same as ours. We're in an outside on the Golden with two teens and our ticket shows "non-convertable" twins. Per Princess, they cannot put the bottom twins together when there's two uppers, due to fire regulations. You'll probably see the same thing.