Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 7th, 2004, 10:10 PM
Jouset

Default Golden Princess to The Pan American Port in San Juan

HI !

If you were wondering ,were The Golden Princess will dock wen se come to San Juan . She will dock on The Pan American Pier ( 1 ) , were the Adventure Of the seas dock in the past . Now she is moving ( Adventure ) to the New Pan American Pier ( 2 ) righ behind the Golden ... Those ports are the best in San Juan .. But these port are far from San Juan shopping area ... the port is in Isla Grande , A Part of San Juan ...
Sponsored Links
Old April 9th, 2004, 07:42 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Golden Princess to The Pan American Port in San Juan

Thanks for the info. If the pier for the Golden is far away from shopping, what makes it the best port? Once you arrive by taxi, how far away is the ship/check-in area?

Thanks for your information. It's helpful...
Old April 10th, 2004, 09:33 AM
Jouset

Default Re: Re: Golden Princess to The Pan American Port in San Juan

In general
they are the best Ports Of San Juan ...

They are the biggest ports in San Juan . They have greater capasity to control passengers. They have the Best service of Air conditioner : ) for example a Ship like the Norwegian Sky . That before was in Pier 4. By a time now she is using the pan American pier ... I have a cruise on the Sky and board by pier 4 and the lines were long.... but friends embarked the Sky on the Pan American pier and they said to me that he was very fast and that in less than 15 minutes they were onboard the sky ! ( i wait 1 hour )

More fast embarkation !!

The port is abaut 25-35 minutes from San Juan , Walking on a cab it would take you form 10-20 minutes ... For and Idea The port is on the another side of the San Juan bay ... but is a great port
Old April 10th, 2004, 09:43 AM
Jouset

Default Re: Re: Re: Golden Princess to The Pan American Port in San

Here are Some Photos of The Pan american Port ... ( 1 )

http://www.continentalshipping.com/p...rican_dock.htm

When the Golden Comes On May 2 i Will be the first one to take a Photo ! ...

May 23 ! just 42 days !

I just were wondering yes I live in Puerto Rico ...
Old April 10th, 2004, 01:12 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Golden Princess to The Pan American Port in

Thanks so much Jouset!! I really appreciate the info. It sounds like a good pier. Thanks for taking the time to explain what makes it a good pier. I have never been to Puerto Rico. You get cruises for a great price don't you? At least you don't have to travel far to get to port.

I live in Atlanta Georgia!

Thanks for the photos. I'll keep checking this thread for your updates!!!
Old April 10th, 2004, 04:38 PM
Jouset

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Golden Princess to The Pan American Port

HI !

Although you dont believe it, I always buy my cruises by Cruises Only so that ? it is going to be impossible to believe but the agencies of Puerto Rico Have high Prices. For example I pay $ 2.895,40 for my cruise in the Golden ( May /23/2004 ) and here in Puerto Rico the same Cat , was to 3.235,40! Thats a lot more ...

accustom some people has the luck to have good prices, but never in Summer maybe in November and December . .
Old April 10th, 2004, 04:50 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Golden Princess to The Pan American

Jouset, Do you have your cabin assignment yet for the Golden on 5/23? I'm on the Baja deck B733. Maybe we can meet up on board. You've been so helpful.

Is there anything I should see in your city? My flight gets in around 3:10pm and I thought I would go ahead and check in and put my bags in my cabin and then get back off the ship and see some sites. Any recommendation is appreciated.

Vicki
Old April 10th, 2004, 05:32 PM
Jouset

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Golden Princess to The Pan Ameri

HI !!!

I am not have my cabin Number but i am garantted on Esmerald deck ( ocean View ) .. I will call my travel Agente , and update if finaly i get my cabin nomber :

Abaut San Juan : I thing You would Love this page :

http://www.gotopuertorico.com/travel...sh/imap.en.php

On the search panel Just select , form the options , but on Shopping its going to be General not In San Juan It is going to Show Comercial Center ( Shopping malls ) that are not is The Old San Juan ... Just select for example Culture and History and click search ... then on the map will appear some yellow points click on the ( SAN JUAN ) yellow point and a list of places will open Eyoy ::: There is the Name , Directions , Ect ...

I hope it help you !

Abaut Shopping there is a Marshals In San Juan ,, and a Guest ? store Just come back i Will get the Directions Info ...
Old April 10th, 2004, 06:06 PM
Jouset

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Golden Princess to The Pan A

Sorry for the errors ....

I Will call my Travel Agent ... And se if I she have my cabin Number , if so i will come back and Update ...
Old April 10th, 2004, 10:30 PM
Jouset

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Golden Princess to The P

HI !!!

I not have my cabin Number but i am guarantted on Esmerald deck ( ocean View ) .. I will call my travel Agent , and update if i get my cabin number :

Abaut San Juan : I think You would Love this page :

http://www.gotopuertorico.com/travel...sh/imap.en.php

On the search panel Just select , form the options , but on Shopping its going to be General not In San Juan It is going to Show Comercial Center ( Shopping malls ) that are not is The Old San Juan ... Just select for example Culture and History and click search ... then on the map will appear some yellow points click on the ( SAN JUAN ) yellow point and a list of places will open Eyoy ::: There is the Name , Directions , Ect ...

I hope it help you !

Abaut Shopping there is a Marshals In San Juan ,, and a Guest ? store Just come back i Will get the Directions Info ...
Old April 11th, 2004, 09:02 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Golden Princess to T

Thanks for the link for Puerto Rico. You are right, it is a great site. If I see anything interesting that I may want do, I'll ask you for your opinion . Thanks again for all your help!

Vicki
Old April 11th, 2004, 09:46 AM
Passenger

Hi Jouset,
We also are on Emerald deck - E-516. Looking forward to this cruise and the time we'll have in San Juan. We arrive at 10:45am Sunday morning and are planning on checking in on the Golden then getting off to wander Old San Juan. Is the Pan American port within walking distance of Old San Juan? I gather this is a different port than the one right across the street from Old San Juan.
We also have a room at the Howard Johnson in Isla Verde for the night after the cruise. Really looking forward to seeing the rain forest. Any suggestions as to the best way to see the rain forest? Is it better to look for an excursion or just take a cab? Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Perhaps we'll also get a chance to meet on board. There are several on the Roll Call posting for this cruise that are looking to get together for the sail away party Sunday night. Let me know if you're interested and we'll try to get a meeting point established. See y'all aboard - only 42 days!!!
Old April 11th, 2004, 11:31 AM
Jouset

Hello!

In fact the Pan American Port is a little far from Old San Juan, For example the the port 4 that is the most closely together of old San Juan this Rather at a distance, abaut 15- 25 minutes walking or more ... I say that to arrive at old San Juan you have to get a cab.

http://www.continentalshipping.com/pier_4.htm

On this photo of the pier 4 you can see in a distance the Pan American Pier
( background) you have to make an U from the pan american Pier to arrive to Old San Juan ... Princess cruises is checking is they cant use the port 4 for the Golden but the port authories of Puerto Rico Want the ship use The Pan American ... on the end is the the captain is who have the last word ...

Abaut going to the the rain forest ... I recoment you get a Tour ... why ? if you get a cab Its Going to be expexive , Because from San Juan to Rio Grande Puerto Rico Its a long way ... on cab !! A tour is better !!

I will call a friend to Say You How much ... It Would be .... Just a Price Tack
Old April 12th, 2004, 06:10 AM
Passenger

Jouset, thanks for the information. As far as a tour to El Yunque, there are 7 of us that will be staying post cruise, so would probably want to go either Sunday, 5/30 after checking into the hotel, the Howard Johnson Isla Verde, or on Monday 5/31, if we can make arrangements for our luggage at the hotel. Our flight out Monday is at 5:30, to we have alot of the day free. Thanks for the assistance.....Dave
Old April 13th, 2004, 02:40 PM
First Mate

Thanks Jouset for all the information. The links were great. Getting excited 5/23 is our anniversary only 39 days :-) Have been to Puerto Rico before, love your city. We had an excellent tour by a fellow named Orlando, he had us in Old and New San Juan, visited your Capitol and I think he knows everyone who lives there. Great time. We went to Roberto Clemente Park ( we are from Pgh. and he played here) and of course we shopped too. Looking forward to the cruise. Thanks again for your info :-)
Old April 13th, 2004, 04:16 PM
KimS

For those who are staying a day post cruise on 5/30, we are too and decised to rent a car for that day, and see the rain forest on our own. The car rntal was 37$ for the day and we can leave it at the airport in the morning. Kim
Old April 13th, 2004, 08:43 PM
Jouset

HI !!!

Just for you to now I Do not live in San Juan Puerto Rico , I Live in Carolina Puerto Rico .. But i Love San Juan .... San Juan its Just a Little Retro in time !! But is a Nice place ... and I Love it ... I Just love to Go ... And walk ... around