Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 13th, 2004, 02:27 PM
L.R.

Default Diamond Princess 4/3-10

We returned 3 days ago (4/10). This board was quite helpful before our trip so I'd like to contribute...any questions?
Sponsored Links
Old April 13th, 2004, 08:24 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Diamond Princess 4/3-10

Hello, did you happen to see how PC dining was going, any improvements? Do you know if many of the folks onboard made reservations first? How was the food quality in the dining room and Horizon Court? Thanks =)
Old April 14th, 2004, 09:14 AM
L.R.

We talked to both people who had reservations and people who walked in, everyone seemed pleased so either they've smoothed things out or more people are getting used to making reservations and not just walking in. The food was pretty good. Not great. Maybe I'm getting jaded but I remember oohing and ahing on previous cruises, this one was pretty average. It seemd to be more quantity vs. quality. The Horizon Court buffet was great to satisfy cravings at 1AM but not really impressive like the midnight buffets I recall from years past. And a baked Alaska with a little heating element flame in the middle isn't the same as the flaming ones of yore. Nevertheless, I gained the appropriate weight.

One thing I noticed was the huge amount of either non-English speaking staff (which is not unusual) and first-time cruise workers. So many of my questions were either met with blank stares or answered with incorrect information that I wonder how much training the staff received before the Diamond started service. More annoying was the fact that we are automatically billed for tipping these people, which where I'm from is done for exceptional service, not mere lacadaisical compliance.
Old April 14th, 2004, 11:36 PM
Passenger

Thanks so much for your response L.R. How would you rate this cruise on a scale of 1-10?
Old April 17th, 2004, 06:10 PM
Passenger

Hi. Am booking this ship in May of '05. Did you happen to make it to the back of the ship around the Terrace Pool and notice the cabins (2 on either side of the pool). I am wanting to book the 2 cabins on the port sidefacing aft and was wondering if you or anybody else knows anything about these cabins. I want 2 cabins facing aft because I think these would be perfect balconies for being out of the nasty weather if werun into any. Do you have any comments on this. Thanks Roy
Old April 27th, 2004, 09:05 AM
Roy W

Default Re: Re: Diamond Princess 4/3-10

Hi. Still waiting for a reply, any knowledge of the aft cabins near the Terrace Pool. Thanks. Roy
Old April 29th, 2004, 11:14 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to wonder4

Hi

Can you tell me how the ship was. I am going in Oct to Mexican Riveria on the Diamond and would like to know all that I can. Thanks. Hope you had a great time.