Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 13th, 2004, 03:57 PM
Mckenzie

Default First Cruise on Golden

This will be My wife and is first cruise, were are going on our honeymoon.Were on the may 2 cruise anyone have any advice for us.Are ther any other couples going on this one too, we would like to hear from ya.thanks for your help
Sponsored Links
Old April 19th, 2004, 08:34 AM
First Mate

Default Re: First Cruise on Golden

Hi go to the post Golden in May and you will find Jennifer and Stevens post, they are cruising May 2, we are going May 23. Enjoy your cruise, hope you meet up with the others. You will love to cruise we are going on our 6th one and it is the greatest vacation.
Old April 19th, 2004, 10:20 AM
Admiral

you will love the Golden - great ship, any thing in particular you want to know about her?
Old April 19th, 2004, 03:01 PM
Cruise Maniac

Mckenzie,

Check out this site for info on the Golden Princess:
http://www.lifeiscruising.com/

Very informative & well written.

What a beautiful ship to spend your honeymoon on - congratulations!

Post Edited (04-19-04 15:03)

22 Princess Cruises to date, with 50 cruises on all cruise lines starting in 12/2000
Old April 24th, 2004, 12:52 PM
Lynne &Trevor

We were on the Golden a month after 9/11. Expecting an inside,lower, room, when we arrived at the terminal were told that we were on the Aloha Deck--near the top, outside, with a balcony! It ended up being a HUGE room,and found out later it was a disabled equipped room. That really spoiled us. Aside from that, I think of her as "my ship". I love her!! Every time she's in port in Ft. Lauderdale and we're down there, I want to board. We really enjoyed our time on her. By that time, the Grand was a few years old,and had been "seasoned".We went on her a couple of years ago-basically the same layout.But, no comparison.The "Golden was Grand". Have a great time! The entertainment was decent,and the movies good.We like the Horizon Deck where the atmosphere is more casual,with the buffet. We are looking forward to the Caribbean Princess in Sept. We began our cruising adventures on the Sun Princess in 1998.Incidently, we had the same captain on the Grand! That was nice-like a reunion!
Lynne