Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 18th, 2004, 12:23 AM
joseph zagar

Default princess ships

i have a question my wife and me were on royal caribean mariner of the sea this feb and last year we were on carinval next year we are thinking of going on caribbean princess
what i like to know is i heard that the people who do your room don`t make animals or etc out of your towels like royal and carinval does i like to know if that is true and second question does anybody know what the pictures cost on board because on royal they were a lot higher than on carinval sensation and if anyone know what the bingo games run about i hope you be able to help me
Sponsored Links
Old April 18th, 2004, 07:14 AM
Alain Robert

Default Re: princess ships

It's true that they don't do animals with the towels on the Princess ships.

As for the pictures, if I remember correctly from our last Jan cruise, they cost around 10$ for a 4 x 6 and 20$ for an 8 x 10 photo... That's not cheap but they are usually great pictures (if you don't have your eyes closed or your mouth wide open !!!)

I'm sure you will love your Princess experience !

Alain R.

1995 - Regal Princess;
2000 - Sea Princess;
2002 - Dawn Princess;
2004 - Coral Princess;
NEXT CRUISE: 2005/03/20 - Dawn Princess
Old April 18th, 2004, 09:56 AM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Laugh_a_lot

if u r a gold member the pictures are cheaper. around $5 or so. I'm not completey sure. Just trying to help, also I've only been on the Star(very nice ship!) I'll be going on the Diamond this summer!
can't wait!
Old April 19th, 2004, 11:26 AM
Admiral

no towel animals but you do get chocolates every night, fresh fruit ( just request it) and nice robes to wear(again all you have to do is ask for them). Bingo is a $20.00 minimum.
Old April 19th, 2004, 11:50 AM
First Mate

Actually, a few room stewards have done towel animals for our son on Princess. They also bring him milk and cookies at bed time. THey are fantastic. Princess is our favorite! 20 times and going stong.
Happy sailing
Sea Angel
Old April 20th, 2004, 08:26 PM
Passenger

My nephew had a stuffed lion on his last cruise. Our cabin steward always left the lion on the bed at night with a bed time snack. That was one of my nephews daily highlights. He always wondered where his lion would be and what treats he would have.
Old April 21st, 2004, 06:28 PM
bluewaves

personally I prefer the higher quality of service on princess, I am defienlty willing to give up towel animals and all the dancing in the dining room for truely exceptional servce all day and night. Last time on Princess on my day at sea I remeber my room steward sneaking in and out of the room in the time it took us to go and get a slice of pizza and a soda to make up our room and we didn't see him in our room once, unlike carnival towel animals are to make up for the crappy drink service, and horrible room attendants, think of princess like a 5 star hotel, and carnival like motel 6, motel 6 might be cute but the 5 star hotel takes it the extra step without all the corny extras.
Old April 22nd, 2004, 01:46 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

I have been on 4 Princess cruises and 2 Carnival cruises.....I much prefer Princess over Carnival. I will gladly give up towel animals for better service, classier ships, better food and drinks, better service and better food.

Old April 22nd, 2004, 11:20 PM
davidkade

Maybe not towel animals, but look at the attachement. My wife left her nightgown on the bed when we left for dinner. the stewadr decorated with it.

I loved it. (Kinda sexy, eh?)

Old April 22nd, 2004, 11:54 PM
Passenger

We were told, just this month (April 10 on Diamond Princess) that all of the photos were 21.95. There was a really nice 8x10 of my parents that I wanted, and I asked if they could make it a 5x7 or 4x6. They said they could but it was still 21.95.
We didnt buy any of the photos.
Janelle

Old April 23rd, 2004, 07:12 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: princess ships

This will be our first Princess cruise! Have always sailed RCCL . Lisa free robes? Can you request this in all cabin categories? I am very excited about this cruise and if we like it we will switch cruise lines!

Old April 23rd, 2004, 12:31 PM
shadow99

Who needs towel animals ,unless you are travelling with children...Love Princess cruises,ships are beautiful.staff is wonderful ,excellent service and food and entertainment are top notch...possibly booking the Carribbean Princess for the fall..Been on the Grand and the Star...Grand was our favorite with the best CD ever--Graham Seymour!!!
Old April 23rd, 2004, 01:05 PM
barbiegirl

We just came off the Caribbean Princess. They were no animals made out of towels. Teh pics were 20.00USD flat no matter what size. The last day they ran a special by ome get the next at 20% off.
Can't comment on the bingo - cause we didn't play.
Old April 23rd, 2004, 01:39 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Yes, Sue, free robes for use in the cabin.....just ask the cabin steward.