Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 26th, 2004, 02:19 AM
poorman08

Default Golden Princess Dry dock

Does anyone know how long it will be in drydock i will be going on her may 2???
Sponsored Links
Old April 26th, 2004, 07:50 AM
Pea

Default Re: Golden Princess Dry dock

Just a week or so. It's a scheduled drydock, so I really wouldn't worry.

Pea
Old April 26th, 2004, 04:57 PM
bluewaves

As said above there is a 2 week empty block in her schedule so this is a planned docking and will be ready on the second waiting there in San Juan for you to go sailing, goign on the 23rd of May myself so it would be nice to have the screen there but the only concern I have is that the covered pool on the grad was a nice quiet place at night to bad that its goign to be ruined , oh well, enjoy your trip.
Old April 27th, 2004, 06:52 AM
Passenger

We'll be on the May 23 cruise also. Looks like the cover is removed for the movie screen - anyone know for sure? Will probably be spending alot of time at the Terrace pool on the stern. Have heard that's a nice relaxing place to get some sun. The ship should be in great shape - all shiny and spiffy! I'll be looking for some postings from the 5/2 and 5/9 cruisers to see what all has been changed...so y'all that'll be on the Golden right after she comes out of dry-dock, please feel free to clue the rest of us in on any changes....Have a great cruise - bluewaves, perhaps we'll meet up on our cruise.

Carnival Destiny 9/01
Old April 27th, 2004, 08:19 AM
Pea

I didn't get the impression that the movie screen would be installed in this drydock, as this was scheduled long ago. Besides regular upgrading (carpetings, painting, etc) they are supposed to switch out the southwest restaurant for a Sterling Steakhouse.

The decision to place the movie screens on all Grand class ships was just made last month, after the launch of the Caribbean Princess. I doubt that plans could have been put into effect that quickly for the change to happen in this drydock session.

Pea
Old April 28th, 2004, 03:30 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Golden Princess Dry dock

Hey Pea ....you know your stuff and I have a question. Is there some place we can read online this kind of information. I actually called Princess to find out what they had planned for the DDock and they gave me some information.

Just curious.

Thanks!
EHtaher or if I slow down typing.... Heather
Old April 28th, 2004, 06:05 PM
Pea

No, Heather. I just read a lot of the boards like you do . And since I knew the drydock was already scheduled and they would not have had time to make preparations for the Movie Under the Stars screen, I figured they'd just wait until the next drydock for that.

I think lots of people ask the personnel on the ship and then the info gets back to the cruise message boards.

Pea
Old April 28th, 2004, 08:13 PM
bluewaves

Personally I would prefer that they didn't install the movie screen , the calpyso pool is a nice quiet spot and the cover is nice on the days its raining, oh well, see ya all on the golden next month