Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 1st, 2004, 03:55 PM
Beginner

Default Balcony cabins

We have booked a weeks cruise with Caribbean Princess sailing 26th June we have a balcony cabin on Dolphin deck, has anyone out there stayed on Dolphin deck? I have heard it is not very private and you can be seen from above. We are near the back of the ship, Would love to hear your comments

Kathleen
Sponsored Links
Old May 2nd, 2004, 09:49 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Balcony cabins

We were on the Dolphin deck of the Star. I believe the Caribbean Princess is similar in regards to the openness of the Dolphin Deck, eventhough I know they are NOT sister ships. The B&C deck cabins above you can look down onto your deck. Also if they happen to be rude and not concerned about fire safety, sometimes people flick their cigarette butts onto your balcony. We had to report such a problem but the offending parties were spoken with by security.

The plus side is that you get a lot of sunshine and natural light, and a largely unobstructed view. Just don't plan on wearing your pijamas out on the deck.

Post Edited (05-02-04 09:51)
Old May 2nd, 2004, 01:32 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to MAJESTY2005

The dolphin decks on the ship are to a limit private. It is possible that the guets above can see your balcony, depending on which section of the boat your on......Hopefully you're a lucky one.

Old May 3rd, 2004, 07:13 AM
Admiral

we had a balcony mini-suite on the Dolphin Deck on the Golden towards aft. Yes the people above you can look down onto your balcony ( if they have nothing better to do) We didn't even think about it when we were out on our balcony- too busy enjoying the cruise. Didn't feel uncomfortable being out there in our robes.
Old May 3rd, 2004, 10:49 AM
First_timer78

What about the Aloha deck on Star? Are they uncovered also?
Old May 3rd, 2004, 03:06 PM
Passenger

Send a message via ICQ to MAD Send a message via AIM to MAD Send a message via Yahoo to MAD

We sailed on the grand last month (had a fabulous time) and we were on the Aloha deck (beautiful rooms) there was no one above us to look down onto our deck. Enjoy your cruise. MAD
Old May 3rd, 2004, 03:45 PM
Passenger

Hi everyone
what about the Baja deck. We have a Baja aft balcony cabin on the Caribbean Princess and we have never cruised before. Any information would be great
Thanks
LeiLoni

Old May 5th, 2004, 01:22 AM
Yeoman

Baja balconys completey private( well not that private!!!) But no one can look down on you from them.
Old May 5th, 2004, 07:52 PM
saka

Hello. There has been a lot of discussions concerning the balconies and the openess of the various decks. What about the balconies on the back ? According to the brochures, there is up to 6 feet of difference in the back balconies (Caribe to Dolphin)but the pictures I saw on Webshots Community site, it doesn't seem that much. Anyone know?

Thanks!
Old May 5th, 2004, 07:54 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Balcony cabins

We had a Dolphin Mini-suite on the Golden. We did not wear our pajamas or robes out on the balcony either. But I think we got more dirty looks that if we had robes or pajamas on.

I guess nekid was not an option in the opinion of some. Oh well ! ()

22 Princess Cruises to date, with 50 cruises on all cruise lines starting in 12/2000
Old May 6th, 2004, 07:19 AM
Admiral

having a balcony on the Dolphin deck can be great fun, especially at sail-away time!. You stand by the railing, turn around look up and wave and party with your shipmates above you! The openess never was an issue with us, we were too busy enjoying the cruise. Never felt uncomfortable being out there in our robes or bathing suits.
Old May 7th, 2004, 03:29 AM
Beginner

Can I say a big thank you to everyone for their comments on balcony cabins on dolphin deck. Was concerned at first but not anymore, have decided to go with the flow and enjoy the fact that we will have sunshine all day. and, unlike Ken we will definitely be keeping our clothes on..............

Kathleen
Old May 7th, 2004, 10:57 AM
Bec

Default Re: Re: Balcony cabins

I'm going on my first cruise on the Carribean Princess Saturday, May 15th! I can't wait!
Old May 7th, 2004, 08:24 PM
Chris Cornelius

We're taking our first cruise on November 8 and have booked a balcony stateroom on the Caribe deck on the Grand Princess, mid/aft right side of ship. What about the balconies on this ship/deck? A Princess rep told me the balconies are twice as large as on other decks. How about furniture? Was it a wrong move to change our first balcony choice (Baja deck, balcony, aft) to Caribe?