Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 6th, 2004, 12:38 PM
Chris Cornelius

Default Grand Princess from Galveston 11/8-11/13/04

Hello,
My husband and I are booked on the Grand Princess's inaugural cruise from Galveston November 8 through 13. It will be our first cruise and November cannot get here fast enough! I would like to hook up with people that will be on the cruise with us and I would love comments from people that have sailed on this ship before. We booked a cabin on the Caribe deck, category BA. A customer service rep at Princess told me the balconies on this deck are semi-private and larger than the ones on the Baja deck, which I had previously booked. Should I be worried about seasickness? Any comments would be appreciated. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old May 6th, 2004, 02:02 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Grand Princess from Galveston 11/8-11/13/04

Congrats on your upcoming first cruise! You will love the Grand Princess, she is a great ship, very pretty, good layout, very easy to get around. As for the seasickness issue- if you have severe motion sickness ( car, plane, bus etc) then go to your doctor and get a prescription for the patch. If you have mild motion sickness try the seabands. Bonine also works very well. For the mild queezies nothing works better than ginger (candy or soda) and fresh air up on deck.
Anything in particular you want to know about the Grand???
Old May 7th, 2004, 10:57 AM
Maggie's Mom

Count yourself in the group of a lucky 2,000. You guys will be on the first cruise after Grand's renovation. She will have just been dry docked and gotten her new outdoor movie screen by the main pool (see Princess website for details) and other fixer-uppers. We will be on the cruise right after you. Yeah! Can't wait.
Consider this, since you will be on the first cruise from Galveston, there may be a few glitches, so take them in stride. Nothing terrible will happen and if you have a good attitude going into it, the small hickups won't bother you. Enjoy!!!
Old May 7th, 2004, 04:55 PM
Chris Cornelius

Default Re: Re: Grand Princess from Galveston 11/8-11/13/04

Thanks, LisaK for your reply. I want to know everything about the Grand and about cruising, but I know that's impossible. This is not only our first cruise, but our first vacation! I'm just toooo excited.
Old May 7th, 2004, 11:44 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: Grand Princess from Galveston 11/8-11/13/04

We will be on the Star out of Fort Lauderdale that same week. Suppose we will pass each other. Our first cruise as well. Enjoy your vacation!

Old June 19th, 2004, 01:04 AM
Beginner

Hi Chris,
We'll be on the cruise Nov. 8th too. Where are you from? We live in Houston so if you have any local questions, just hollar!
Carol

Old June 23rd, 2004, 02:23 PM
First Mate

Hi all me and my 5 year old son will be on the Nov 8th cruise on the Grand. I am so excited! We are from Katy, outside of Houston. I just found this board in hopes of meeting other single moms or families with kids. It will be an experience going with my son. I previously went on Carnival Celebration (with a friend) and last October on the Rhapsody of the seas with my parents and son. Cruising is so addicting!!

Ann