Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 14th, 2004, 08:46 PM
debrah

Default Re: Re: Re: Caribbean Princess

I cruised on the Carribean Princess and it did not smell. I enjoyed it very much, and enjoyed the self service laundry to clean my little ones undies.
Old May 17th, 2004, 11:29 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Caribbean Princess

re ;the continuing complaints of smell in the aft section of the ship i have sent an e mail to the CDC requesting an immediate inspection.
Old May 17th, 2004, 12:29 PM
Tat Yu

I have a question related to personal choice dinner. I am not a picky person. As long as everything happens within limits, I am willing to "suck it up". That mean I don't mind waiting for 15 to 20 minutes for supper but not 30 to 35. I have reserved first seating at the main dining but would consider switching to personal choice. Despite alot of reading on this board, I still find it difficult to make a decision. I definitely will try the two specialty restaurants. Any suggestions or comments about the difference between traditional and personal choice dining? In food quality and service in particularly? Thanks.
Old May 18th, 2004, 11:25 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Caribbean Princess

i have reply from cdc stating they will not consider inspection. cdc e mail was a from jfaO@cdc.com. if this doest work for you contact me and i will forward the reply to your mail
Old May 18th, 2004, 04:32 PM
Beginner

Marilyn, This should be the correct address for CDC. The extension will always be: .gov,
not . com.

http://www.cdc.gov/travel/contactus2.htm
Old May 18th, 2004, 06:56 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Caribbean Princess

sorry, you are correct . it is. gov not .com . the result is still the same, no inspection.hope the situation re the odor has been corrected.would like to see if any more complaints come in. actually would not like to see any more complaints!!
Old May 18th, 2004, 09:36 PM
j320i

A note to the complainers, and to the readers worrying if they made a mistake purchasing an upcoming cruise on the C.P or any other ship:
My wife and I are looking forward to the June 19th cruise on C.P. with some friends of ours.
We had been on about 5 cruises in the last 10 years.
BUT,
One of them was on a weekend party cruise on a 50 year old ship (Regal Empress).
During the entire cruise we had extremely bad weather. The sea's were so bad that people could not walk straight down the hallway, there was barf bags out all over the ship, People were getting sick at the dinner tables and my wife even got seasick for a day.
We did not blame that tired old ship, the cruise line or anyone else.
And we even considered taking another on that same old ship..
None of it mattered, we still had a good time with the friends we went with.
We enjoyed getting away for a few days.
Don’t sweat the small stuff… Looking forward to June 19th.
Old May 18th, 2004, 09:47 PM
Lynne &Trevor

M friend just returned from a Transatlantic Cruise.The Atlantic Ocean was calm, the Mediterranean Sea was very rough and there were gale force winds and 40 foot swells.I asked her what they did in that weather."Carried on as usual".We just held on tighter to the rails. The swells were at night and some folks even went outside to watch. The point is, the cruise is what you make it, like j320i said-it's the companionship, making new friends, seeing new or familiar destinations and getting away for awhile from the humdrum of everyday scenery. All of you going in the next month or so, have a great time and report back in!! September is starting to look a little closer now for us. Lynne
Old May 19th, 2004, 03:05 PM
Dlange

We are going 5/22 also. This will be our first cruise, but we are going with others that absolutely love the Princess line & have gone on 5 other cruises. I too will report back what we all thought. I too think that of course there are going to be quirks that need to be worked out on any new ship. I know how it may be disappointing to have such high hopes & it doesn't work out. We will let you know!
Old May 19th, 2004, 04:12 PM
First Mate

Just a quick note here:

When my husband and I were on the Caribbean Princess May 1-8 there was a CDC inspection. The ship received a 100% on it.

Just wants to let you know.
Old May 19th, 2004, 06:03 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Hurray!! Lynne
Old May 19th, 2004, 06:58 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Caribbean Princess

thanks for that info. wonder why the cdc did not tell me that when i e mailed them. anyways thats GOOD news. made more room in my luggage as can leave out the lysol.
Old June 1st, 2004, 07:27 PM
Peggy Wheeler

I am also cruising on the Caribbean Princess Thanksgiving week. I am taking my mother who has never been to the Caribbean. I have been aghast at all the negative reviews and hope that it is a new ship finding itself. This is my first time with Princess.
Old June 1st, 2004, 11:43 PM
Lynne &Trevor

There are a lot more positives now, than negatives. As you've probably read in a previous message, we are going Sept.18.We've had some good personal reports.Just look at all the other CP boards and make your judgements accordingly.I bet those cruisers who enjoyed their recent experiences aboard the CP will write in when they see this topic at the top again. Princess is a good line.This is our 4th cruise on Princess-we're new to this form of vacation,only starting in 1998 as a gift.We took that and 2 others starting in 2001 on Princess, went on another line last year, and have come back to Princess this year. Hubby said that barring any unforeseen circumstances we'll sail only Princess from now on

Old June 2nd, 2004, 06:00 AM
Admiral

It is all what you make it. If you go with I am going to have a GREAT time, you will. You are trated like a QUEEN for a week, how can that not be GREAT. This will be my 6th cruise in Sept., first time with Princess but I know I am going to have a good time. It is all what you make it. I have never had a bad cruise, because I refuse too.
Old June 2nd, 2004, 07:08 AM
Lynne &Trevor

I agree with Carol.Your cruise is what you make it.While last year's cruise was a little disappointing on the other line, it wasn't bad and we had a good time.I'm sure there will be some interesting adventures to be had on the CP with the new movie screen, Caribe Cafe, new restaurants and even distinguishing what the accent is of the elevator voices.There will be much to discover aboard this "Princess". Being in the "Activities" business, I'm anxious to see how the staff operates and to learn some new games,especially in Bingo! I believe that many of the kinks from the first month will be worked out in Sept and, better still, by Thanksgiving. Welcome Aboard! Lynne