Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 9th, 2004, 04:08 PM
Beginner

Default Diamond/Sapphire Cabin A514

My husband and I are booked on the Sapphire to Alaska on July 18th and are in cabin A514, and ocean-view room with balcony. Is this good? Does anyone have pictures?
Sponsored Links
Old May 13th, 2004, 01:23 PM
EMW

Default Re: Diamond/Sapphire Cabin A514

I believe you will have no roof over your balcony and the public floor above you can look directly down onto your balcony, depending on what's above you. It's offset such that anyone looking over a railing can look right down on you. I'm not looking at a deck plan right now, so I'm not sure if what's above you is an oven rail or an enclosed area. If it's part of the enclosed area, it might not be too bad. But again, there's no overhang forming any kind of roof over you.

Warning, this is ALL assuming the deck stacking design is like Coral and Star, which I believe it is. I booked for August on Sapphire and researched this well as I was on Star and had no roof and no privacy on the balcony.
Old May 13th, 2004, 02:09 PM
LK

Default Re: Diamond/Sapphire Cabin A514

The balconies on the Diamond are set up just like those on the Grand / Golden / Star. Aloha deck balconies are completely covered as are those on Baja. Caribe deck's balconies are half covered and half open and Dolphin deck balconies are completely exposed. Emerald deck balconies are completely covered. This should be a nice location for you. Have a great cruise!
Old May 16th, 2004, 09:24 AM
EMW

Default Re: Re: Diamond/Sapphire Cabin A514

I seriously could have sworn when I was on Star that I looked up and could see that Aloha was exposed (or some, but maybe not all are depending on location). I remember this because it wasn't long after a cruise on the Coral where friends on Aloha got their cabin changed for this reason. And then I looked above me on Star and noticed it was in a similar arrangement. I could still be wrong, of course. I'll have to look for a picture.
Old May 16th, 2004, 09:31 AM
EMW

Default Re: Re: Re: Diamond/Sapphire Cabin A514

Yep, LK is right. They managed to cover Aloha, unlike on the Coral/Island and Grand/Golden/Star. I'm booked for Sapphire in August and avoided Aloha because I thought it was uncovered. We booked Baja, but Princess later offered us a room on Caribe. Same room size, bigger balcony, so we didn't mind the lower deck.
Old May 17th, 2004, 04:12 PM
LK

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Diamond/Sapphire Cabin A514

EMW,
Remember that Caribe balconies are bigger but are half covered and half open -- just in case that bothers you. I'd take it!