Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 11th, 2004, 07:09 AM
Passenger

Default Golden Princess ending 5/9

I am sure my anxiety is shared by many, where are the reviews for this first southern caribbean itinerary, we want all the juicy details, please have compassion for us!!!!! as I will not get to see her until sept. 5, thanks for your information
Sponsored Links
Old May 11th, 2004, 12:57 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Kathy D
Default Re: Golden Princess ending 5/9

Hi, There's a good thread going on the Princess forum at Cruise Critics, lots of information about the ship and the new ports.
Old May 13th, 2004, 08:02 PM
D and M

Hey Ana

We got back from Golden 5-9.... It was fantastic. Beautiful ship..... Lots to see and do.
Personally, too many islands... but thats me. I could have skipped Barbados, the rest were pretty awesome though. What are your questions you want answered?

D+M
Old May 14th, 2004, 09:18 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Golden Princess ending 5/9

Hi D&M
I am going on Golden on Sept 5, did you like the ship?, what about entertainment, shore excursions, public facilities, cabins and finally embarkation and disembark, did u need passports and did you need to clear customs before going off the ship in St Thomas, I am sure I can think on about 20 more questions but I dont want to bother you more, thanks a lot
Old May 14th, 2004, 09:36 PM
Lynne &Trevor

We took passports in 2001 on the Golden and since St.Thomas is an American island,there is a customs clearance required.Passports make the process so much faster.You will really enjoy the Golden.She has just been in dry dock so will be pretty spiffy still in Sept. We enjoyed everything.There is a daily "newspaper" that lists the activities,entertainment,port information, where you are nautically each day, etc.It's pretty nice and informative.Just relax and enjoy yourself. You disembark according to the color of your luggage tag.Everyone will generally sit around the atrium area,Explorer's Lounge and wait for the color to be called.You'll have time for breakfast.Are you leaving from San Juan or Ft. Lauderdale?I'm only familiar with Port Everglades procedures but presume that the same basic principles apply in San Juan.
Lynne
Old May 18th, 2004, 06:05 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to GummyBear

When was she in dry dock? We've book Sept 19th.