Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 12th, 2004, 03:10 PM
Chris&Sara

Default Seasickness in Southern Caribbean?

Hello everyone! I am sailing on the Golden 5-16-04, and I am concerned about rough seas. Our last cruise on Carnival was VERY rough and I was VERY sick even with Dramamine. We sailed from Fort Lauderdale to Mexico, Grand Cayman, and Ocho Rios. Does anyone know if these waters (southern carribean) are less prone to heavy storms and rough water? Any advice on how to beat motion sickness?

Sara
Sponsored Links
Old May 12th, 2004, 03:20 PM
lilafilly99

Default Re: Seasickness in Southern Caribbean?

You're a message board freak too hah?! Did you post this on the Cruise Critic sight too?
Old May 12th, 2004, 03:20 PM
Passenger

Hmm, wonder if I need to log-in to get my countdown clock to show? Let's try it...

Golden Princess - Southern Caribbean
Old May 12th, 2004, 03:27 PM
Chris&Sara

Default Re: Re: Seasickness in Southern Caribbean?

I know! I am!! No, I thought I would see what these guys have to say. This is a nice board too.

Sara
Old May 12th, 2004, 05:19 PM
bluewaves

It all depends on the weather, from looking at the webcams from the golden this week it doesn't look to bad but you never know , a couple years ago we ended up on the edge of a hurricane in may and sure didn't expect that.
Old May 12th, 2004, 05:44 PM
Lynne &Trevor

We were on the Golden in 2001 to the Eastern Caribbean and the weather was nice.That was in Oct. There was only one possible encounter with a storm when we were heading for a front/cloud bank.It got a little choppy for awhile and overcast but the Captain managed to manuever the Ship around the major showers and we were OK.The roughness at that point wasn't overly bad but could have been enough to make some prone to seasickness a little uneasy.I'd probably head for the middle, inside of the ship and do something to take my mind off it. I wouldn't recommend playing Scrabble,like we did, in our cabin and looking down! I ended up taking some Tums before dinner! Lynne
Old May 12th, 2004, 06:01 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to jparcell

I'm very prone to motion sickness. We sailed the Golden to the Eastern Caribbean in April. I wore the patch from the morning the cruise began, until I arrived home. The patch worked very well, though the seas were relatively calm. There was one sea day that was rather stormy, but I didn't feel bothered by it at all. Had I not used the patch
i'm sure I would have been seasick. Our cabin was midship, and I think that really helps. If the motion starts to bother you, stay outside, not in your cabin. The Golden handles the sea pretty well, but if you are worried about, take preventative measures.