Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 14th, 2004, 09:44 AM
pringle

Default Island Princess Cabins???

We have booked to go on the Island Princess to Hawaii in November. We have cruised many times before but not with Princess. My only worry is the cabin we have booked! It's our silver wedding anniversary this year so we wanted it to be a little bit special. Coming from the UK and as mentioned before, not sailed with Princess before, we don't know what exactly to expect with regards the cabins. We have booked Cabin C639 on Caribe Deck. We were offered several choices of cabins on lower decks but not knowing this ship at all we eventually chose C639 as we were told it was slightly larger than the lower decks. Does anyone have any info they can give me on this type of cabin and have we chosen the right position.......just to put our minds at rest & any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Neil.
Sponsored Links
Old May 14th, 2004, 01:51 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Re: Island Princess Cabins???

Check out this link.....deck plan for Caribe deck on the Island Princess. your cabin is right next to the suites on the second "bump out" on the ship - very close to the stairs and elevators. You are between two passenger decks. I think you have a cabin in a great location!

http://www.princess.com/ships/ip/dec...ibe_index.html

Old May 14th, 2004, 07:51 PM
Carol Dorsey

We have cruised twice on the Island Princess and love the ship. We were on your floor both times and very happy with our cabins. We did Alaska last summer and just returned from the Panama Canal cruise. I hope to do your cruise next.
Old May 15th, 2004, 11:22 AM
Todd R

C639 is nice... C637 is better - can you switch?

Yes, on this deck, the balconies are just a bit wider!

(we just got off the Island less than 2 hours ago -you will love her!).
Old May 16th, 2004, 01:53 PM
Beginner

Hi there, we just got off the Island Princess. You look to be in a good location... so I don't think you've got an issue there, but check the prices. The Caribe Deck is expensive and if I were going to spend some extra money, I'd go for a Mini Suite. Hawaii is a long cruise. We had Mini Suite D331 on the Dolphin Deck and loved it. The balcony isn't that much smaller than the Caribe Deck... still quite large in my opinion, but you get all the extra living space in the cabin. The Mini Suites have a large couch, a tub in the bathroom... it made all the difference in our cruise. Check the price difference, and if it's not much, go for the Mini Suite !
Old May 16th, 2004, 03:00 PM
Scott c

Good Afternoon Pringle----we are booked on the November 5th sailing out of LA-----we have sailed on the Coral which is the sister ship to the Island-----we loved the ship!!! I think you have a great location---we are booked in the same cat. but just one deck above and forward on the ship----according to the brochure I think you have a larger balcony than our cabin------happy sailing and maybe see you on board!!!!!!
Old May 17th, 2004, 11:23 AM
pringle

Thanks for all the info guys....really looking forward to November now!!

One other question if anybody can help.....are "all" cabins on the Island Princess equiped with robes or is that only for mini suites & above?

Thanks again,

Neil.
Old May 17th, 2004, 12:43 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Neil - all cabins can have them. But, you will need to ask the room steward to bring them on the first day. Will not be a problem.

Old May 21st, 2004, 05:18 PM
Laine

Default Re: Re: Island Princess Cabins???

Todd,
We are in acc. cabin C633 on the Island, and it is right next to C637. Does the balcony on C637 go "around the corner" and look down into 633? Is there a wide wall there, going into the bump?
Thanks for any information on this. Wondering if we should change to C631 instead..............does anyone know? TIA
Old May 24th, 2004, 03:11 PM
Ahracer

Yes, C637 goes around the corner so it is possible to look into your room from its balcony. I know a couple times when I was looking forward I wondered if the people thought I was looking at them.

Todd, lets not tell everyone about C637 or it will be harder to book in the future. I booked it again today for an Alaska cruise.

Scott
Old May 28th, 2004, 06:56 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks, Scott.
Old May 31st, 2004, 01:52 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi Scott c.
There is an active roll call on the Cruise Critic message board for the island princess nov 5th 2004 by marich and also on this message board.
You should drop in and join the group!!

Old June 6th, 2004, 06:53 PM
Passenger

All of the cabins I have seen on the Princess cruise line are great. Don't worry and have a great wedding anniversary.