Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 24th, 2004, 06:46 PM
Marion Paris

Default Regal Princess-Alaska-July 5

Looking for cruisemates who will be heading to Alaska with us on July 5.

This is our first Alaska cruise so I will be checking all the boards to find out as much as I can in the next few weeks.

What excursions should we "not miss"?

What wisdom and tips can you share?

Many thanks

Marion Paris
Buffalo, New York
Sponsored Links
Old May 28th, 2004, 04:45 PM
Rick and Jan

Default Re: Regal Princess-Alaska-July 5

We are traveling on the Regal July25th, our second cruise to Alaska with Princess. Our favorite excursion was in Juneau. It was the flightseeing and then salmon bake at Taku lodge. Beautiful scenery, and good food. In fact a black bear showed up to join us. Our ports were Skagway, Juneau and Ketchikan. All three towns are very close to where you dock, and we found it easy to walk, in fact in Ketchikan we did not book a tour but walked the town on our own. Also, be prepared for a little rain, we're from California and we did okay, so I'm sure you'll be fine.
Old May 31st, 2004, 02:05 PM
Marion Paris

Thanks.

I will pack for rain and pray for sunshine.

What do you plan to do in the other ports this cruise?

Hope you come back to the boards and give us all the information after your cruise. Is this your first time on the Regal. This is our second Princess cruise and I am eager to check out one of the older ships.
Old May 31st, 2004, 02:15 PM
Rick and Jan

Yes this is our first time on Regal. Our other cruise was on the Dawn and we loved it. We're a little disappointed that the Regal doesn't have a wrap around deck .We loved to get up early and walk/run each morning. This trip we have signed up to see Buchardt gardens and wine taste in Victoria ( I've been to the gardens several times, great place for photos). In Skagway we are doing the dog mushing ( not the helicopter excursion, I have heard great things about it, but I'm still a little uncomfortable with the helicopter idea) In Juneau we are doing a whale watching/wild life excursion. In Ketchikan we are doing the bear excursion. Unfortunately that doesn't start until July 27th, so you will miss out on that. Each of these excursions is about 3 hours so it will leave us plenty of time to walk around the cities on our own. I'd love to hear your impression of the Regal when you get back, since you leave before we do. Have a great time.
Jan
Old June 1st, 2004, 08:49 PM
Cathy & Dave

Marion,
We'll be getting off the Regal as you are boarding! We leave June 25--counting the minutes till we go! This is our 2nd Alaska cruise with Princess, the first was a 7-day from Anchorage to Vancouver. On that, we did take the helicopter landing on the Mendenhall glacier which was fabulous--probably the highlight of the entire trip, which includes our prior 7-day land tour to Denali/Fairbanks
Also took the fixed wing plane over glacier bay, but had a very cloudy day and couldn't see a great deal; the train to Whitehorse was very good also; did Saxman village but probably wouldn't again..
This itinerary will include Tracy Arm; does yours or are you doing Glacier Bay?
Old June 6th, 2004, 05:13 PM
Marion Paris

Default Re: Re: Regal Princess-Alaska-July 5

This is 10 days out of San Francisco.

Victoria, Juneau, Skagway, Sitka and Glacier Bay will be our destinations. Nothing booked yet but am working on it. Just need to spend the time on line and get it done.

Not much time left. I plan on making this a relaxing cruise with 4 sea days - hope I won't go nuts!!!!!!!!