Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 25th, 2004, 10:32 AM
runnergal

Default Caribbean Princess Info

Sorry last message!
Can someone please answer these questions for me:
*What kind of dress is expected on Formal Nights?
*How is the teen program?
*Should I go ahead and reserve excursions before boarding?
All replies appreciated! Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old May 25th, 2004, 03:59 PM
LauraK

Default Re: Caribbean Princess Info

Formal night: The dresses arent anything fancy, my mom just wore a plain black one with sparkles, I wore a black one with sparkles one night, and the other nuight I woere a black one with pink ribbon across the bottom and top, My cousin wore that one night because we did not realize we bought the SAME DRESS until that night. and she also wore a plain light purple one... Anything could pass, just do not wear pants. some poeple had skirts, but not jean skirts

The teen program was good for meeting poeple the first night, the dances were good the first few nights, then every1 went in their little groups, the date game was fun, but it depends how the teens make it, But my cousins and i prefered to go and do our own things

My dad reserved snorkeling with the stingrays at cozumel before boarding, but we were unable to be tendered in at cozumel...They would have lists of excursions you could book in the Daily Patter a day or two at stopping at the island, and you would find many excursions were already full, so i wuold go ahead and book them beforehand
Old May 25th, 2004, 06:28 PM
Lynne &Trevor

The shore excursions open up online about 60 days before the cruise.Several people I know go ahead to the Destinations Board and book on their own.One gal on our cruise in Sept. has already booked the "best" tour guide in St.Thomas.We learned on one of our cruises that the excursions get booked very quickly the first day.We wanted to go on the St. Maarten's Tour and it was already filled. Many times you can share a cab at the pier with another couple or couples and split the cost for going different places.I agree with LauraK that almost anything goes, from fancy pantsuits to formals, just don't dress like you would for the Horizon Buffet--that's way too casual.Usually, there are formal pictures taken those evenings, so cruisers dress for their "formal photo". Lynne
Old May 25th, 2004, 07:09 PM
hkw1489

thanks~!