Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 27th, 2004, 02:53 PM
NavigatorCruiser

Default Internet Access on Caribbean Princess

Can someone tell me if you can use your own laptop on the Caribbean Princess? Is Internet access available in the cabins? Can you use a laptop in the Internet cafe? How does that work? Do I need a special card for my laptop? Help!
Sponsored Links
Old May 27th, 2004, 03:53 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Internet Access on Caribbean Princess

There are no Internet connections in the staterooms. And to my knowledge, there are no connections available in the Internet Cafe either. The Internet Cafe has a large supply of nice desktop computers available. You can access AOL, Hotmail, Yahoo, or other web-based email accounts. However, it is VERY expensive to use... $.35/minute. If you are a Platinum member of the Captain's Circle (six or more Princess cruises), then the Internet Cafe is free.

Unless it is absolutely necesssary, I would probably leave an expensive laptop computer at home. There is no place to secure it in your stateroom plus you won't have the hassle of dealing with it at airport security.

Have a great cruise!

Regal Princess - 1996; Star Princess - 1995
Old May 27th, 2004, 06:42 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi NC,
YOu can easiy find internet cafe's in most ports for a lot less money. You can usually go online for $5.00 for an hour, prices do vary, but a heck of a lot cheaper than onboard. I've found most have aol, so its even easier for me.

Message Boards Moderator
Old May 28th, 2004, 06:58 AM
Cruise Maniac

Here's an e-mail we got from the Caribbean princess...

The Passenger Relations Department is in receipt of your letter regarding your upcoming sailing aboard CARIBBEAN PRINCESS. Thank you for contacting our office and we appreciate the opportunity to respond.

We have noted your inquiries pertaining to internet usage while onboard. Shipboard personnel has provided the following information. While you are able to bring your own laptop and access the internet using a wireless LAN card, this is not available in passenger staterooms. This is only accessible in the Main Atrium from decks 5, 6, and 7. Further, please be advised that as per Princess Cruises' company policy, if for any reason the passenger's wireless LAN card does not pick up the network onboard (assuming that the network is available), shipboard personnel are not authorized to make any attempts to make configuration changes to a passenger's laptop. The wireless service is charged at the same price as the Internet Cafe, USD $ .35 per minute. Passengers are able to buy half hour vouchers for USD $10.50 from the Passenger Services Desk on deck 6.

Additionally, we need to advise that some internet sites are blocked due to Princess Cruises' security policy. Without knowing the site that you will be connecting to in advance, we are unable to guarantee that you will be able to connect while onboard. As you are wanting to connect to your work email account, please ensure that this is working and available before boarding the vessel. While onboard, they will only provide a "connection" to the internet. The passenger will be responsible for access to internet email.