Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 27th, 2004, 06:17 PM
Passenger

Default How to board in Seattle

We are planning on staying overnight in Seattle, then taking a cab the morning of the cruise. I know enough to get there early, but once we get to the pier, is it obvious as to what to do? Are there signs? My only other cruise left from Miami, and we took the airport transportation from the cruise line so we didn't need to worry about this. Are there any tips/tricks that I should know, or is it like being dropped off at the airport?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old May 28th, 2004, 08:03 AM
Shelly U.

Default Re: How to board in Seattle

When they drop you off, you'll be facing a blue warehouse looking building. I checked my baggage with Princess at the airport, but I believe the baggage check at the pier is at a doorway towards the right side of the building. Make sure you have your Princess Baggage Tags filled out and already on your bags with your cabin number. After you check your baggage, you'll go to the center doors of the building and get in line to "check-in". This is where you'll need your credit card, cruise tickets, ID, etc. If you're booked in a suite, then there's a special line for you. After you check in, you'll go through the building to an x-ray machine and metal detectors (just like in an airport). After you're through them, you go onboard.

The ship came in late, the day we embarked, so the whole process took about 3 hours at the pier because they were behind schedule. However, some people were saying that it normally takes A LOT less time than that.

Shelly
Old May 28th, 2004, 10:42 AM
Passenger

Thank you very much for your response. I guess I've been reading too much about this 3 hour delay that it has me worried. I know it was a unique situation, but still, i'm nervous about it.
Old May 28th, 2004, 04:36 PM
Passenger

Hi! I would suggest getting their early and bringing an umbrella! You may be there for a while. They will come around and check your photo id to your luggage. Everything is a process. If you are unsure of where to go to board, there are security everyplace to direct you. Have fun!
Old May 30th, 2004, 07:57 PM
Shelly U.

Well there's nothing to be nervous about. If it's 3 hours delay, then there's little you can do about it. It'll be worth it once you get on board!! Of course, you won't be in the mood for that first picture they take of you when you step onto the boat. Mine was HORRIBLE!!! :-) I would definately have an umbrella handy though, as mentioned. It rains a lot in Seattle. Usually this yucky drizzle that it just miserable...especially if you're stuck outside in it. Have a good cruise. Hopefully, the Diamond will have all of it's issues worked out by the time your cruise comes up.
Old June 1st, 2004, 10:27 AM
Tom and Darlene

If you have a cabin # already, what about coming later to board, has anybody tried that? Good or Bad?
Old June 2nd, 2004, 03:34 PM
Rick McCusker

When we arrived in Seattle, we caught the shuttle to the pier and had to wait for several hours to board the ship. Since the ship had just completed the first Alaska cruise there were problems with getting everyone off the ship. I strongly suggest bringing some snacks and sodas or water. There are a couple of vending machines, but the crowd can get large and clean them out in no time.
If there is a delay, do what we did and get to know some of your fellow cruisers. I ran into a guy that I worked with 15 years ago and hadn't seen since then. Pretty soon we had a small party atmosphere going on. So enjoy yourself and remember, the staff is doing the best they can under the circumstances. Above all, have fun!!!