Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 29th, 2004, 12:30 PM
judy schenkman

Default San Francisco parking cost?

We would like to know the daily charge for pier parking. We are taking the Sapphire for a ten day trip in October. The pier number does not answer on the weekend. Thank you. Judy
Sponsored Links
Old May 29th, 2004, 03:34 PM
Rick and Jan

Default Re: San Francisco parking cost?

Parking for cruise passengers is $12 per calendar day. Payable in cash on the day you leave your car. So if you are going for a 10 day cruise you will need to pay them cash for 11 days (132.00). I called and talked to them this week (415)398-0208, as we are leaving on 7/25 on the Regal. No reservations are required and no shuttle service to the pier is provided. He recommended that we drop our luggage off at the pier and I will stay with the luggage while my husband parks the car. he said the parking lot is about 125 steps from the pier. It looks a little farther than that by the map.
Jan
Old May 30th, 2004, 12:14 PM
judy schenkman

Default Re: Re: San Francisco parking cost?

Thank you for the information re parking. Was the map available from your travel agent or online? My husband has had knee surgery and we normaly park in the handicapped zone. I was sorry to hear that no transport is available. For others who might be leaving from Los Angeles, the parking charges are ten dollars a day and transport is available. Thank you again. Judy
Old May 30th, 2004, 02:06 PM
First Mate

If you go to www.sfport.com and click on maritime and then passenger cruises, I was able to find alot of info out about cruising from San Francisco. We are leaving on the Sapphire on the 22nd of Oct. When are you cruising?
Have a great cruise all!!

Carnival Ecstasy
Carnival Pride
Princess Sapphire
Carnival Spirit
Golden Princess
Carnival Splendor (3 days of towing back to port)

Carnival Dream

Have a great cruise all!! 8)
Old May 30th, 2004, 10:56 PM
Rick and Jan

I got the map off of the internet. I just did a google search for "parking for pier 35 San Francisco", also if you go to mapquest the address for the Parking stucture is 55 Francisco Street.We go the 25th of July ( 10 day cruise to Alaska), so if you remember to get back on the site after that I'll try and repost and give you more info.
Jan
Old May 31st, 2004, 12:12 PM
judy schenkman

Default Re: Re: San Francisco parking cost?

Dear Jan, I checked the net and got prices from $9.00 t0 $14.00 a day....probably based on the time the site was created. Thank you for the response; we are not leaving until the 12th of October. Good cruising to all. Judy
Old May 31st, 2004, 02:15 PM
First Mate

I don't know how far you are coming from but we always spring for a limousine when going out of San Francisco.
Frank-in-CA
Old June 2nd, 2004, 11:04 AM
Flotsam

Another unmentioned "cost" of parking near Pier 35 in SF is that cars are routinely broken into or vandalized there. We experienced that charming local custom (along with several others parked nearby) during an Alaska cruise about a year ago. The perps did over $500 broken window and other damage to our car, just to steal about $4 in parking meter change!

If you choose to park near the pier, drive your oldest junker, and leave absolutely NOTHING in your vehicle. (Remember, what may seem of no value to you, might be a treasure to the slimebags who drift through the waterfront parking lots, day and night.)

Since then, we've taken a cab or a TA provided tour bus to get to/from Pier 35.

You've been warned!

Hmm. Just a thought: Maybe THAT'S why the parking lot collects your money up front! Saves them from hearing your complaints when you discover your "incident". Its easier to shrug their shoulders when they already have the dough.

By the way, reporting such "incidents" to the SFPD produces nothing, except a "form letter" police report to present to your insurance company. They don't/can't even begin to "investigate" such petty crime.

Keep on cruisin'

Flotsam