Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 30th, 2004, 06:13 PM
Rachelle

Default NEED HELP FAST BB B750 AFT OR MINI SUITE ON CARIBBEAN PRINC

Hello everyone, I need immediate help - can't decide between an BB Aft cabin - Cabin B750 or mini suite gurantee, which might leave us with an open deck to above.

Has anyone had experience with the B750 cabin on Caribbean Princess or others similar with the structural post on the deck? I understand from Princess that it obstructs the view from inside the cabin, but does not affect the use or view once on the deck? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Is it worth it to have the large 80sq ft deck in the Aft cabin or go for mini suite with smaller 50ft deck???

Price is almost the same about $100.00 total diff. for two people. I have until Tues. to decide.

Love the idea of walk in closet, sitting room and tub in mini suite, but large deck and aft with view of wake is making me crazy trying to decide??

Thanks SO MUCH for any help.
Sponsored Links
Old May 30th, 2004, 06:23 PM
Lynne &Trevor

Default Re: NEED HELP FAST BB B750 AFT OR MINI SUITE ON CARIBBEAN P

Someone wrote in awhile back saying that the post was not a problem.(Look at an old message about the aft deck.)Also, I've been in an aft cabin along with others and found that it was relaxing back there with the sound of the wake.Also, if on a Western Caribbean-are you going on an Eastern or Western?- cruise,you can sit and enjoy the sunset back there on you way back East. The biggest drawback I can see is not being able to see from side to side if there are partitions. Last year on another line I had to go up to the rail and look around the partition.To my delight, I saw that the Grand Princess was in port with us.We'd been aboard her the year before! We sail on the Caribbean Sept.18 to the Eastern Caribbean. Another nice thing is that late at night it's nice to go out there and sit.It's quiet,and relaxing and if a clear night, you can see the millions of stars in the sky. Lynne
Old May 30th, 2004, 06:35 PM
Admiral

The farthest aft mini suites on each side have a nearly double sized veranda that juts out in front of the support structure for the disco. Those are very nice cabins and might be a good compromise if one of the two are available.
Old May 30th, 2004, 09:53 PM
Passenger

I would go with the mini. I would do it just for the extra space in the bathroom.
We spend alot of time on our balcony and just love it. Do the mini!
Old May 31st, 2004, 07:54 AM
First Mate

You will be pleased with either choice. Personally, I would choose the mini-suite for the extra room and the larger bathroom.
Old May 31st, 2004, 09:49 AM
Rachelle

Default Re: Re: NEED HELP FAST BB B750 AFT OR MINI SUITE ON CARIBBE

Great is this farthest aft mini suite on any deck? and if on Dolphin deck are the entire balconies still exposed? Eastern itn.
Old May 31st, 2004, 09:53 AM
Rachelle

Default Re: Re: Re: NEED HELP FAST BB B750 AFT OR MINI SUITE ON CAR

Sorry:
One more question about the mini vs bb aft, how small are the bathrooms in the bb, since the cabin is 181sq ft, I can't figure out where the extra space is if not in the bathroom or sitting area, took Carnival at 161 sq ft, nice sitting area fine size bathroom, and Celebrity 172 sq ft good size bathroom and sitting area?? where is all of the space, the balconies on the mini, are they big enough at 50sq ft, to have a table and two chairs , just two chairs, lounger??

My husband wants the bb I want the mini, but the larger deck on the back with so many days at sea almost seems worth giving up some space inside AGGGHHH can't decide.

Thanks so much for all of the help, I'll check on the mini aft and see if any of those are avail.

Thanks again.
Old May 31st, 2004, 11:09 AM
Lynne &Trevor

If you are into the activities on the ship you probably won't be out on your balcony all that much.There's 2 days at sea going down to St. Thomas and one more going back to Princess Cays from St. Maarten.If it's REALLY hot and sunny you won't spend too much time out there in the daytime and yearn for the air conditioning after a few minutes. I found that even me, the "long sleeved sweater queen" most of the time couldn't tolerate the heat and humidity for more than an hour at a time. The evenings are nice for awhile,especially if you like to entertain, and if there's no rain. Now, does this confuse you even more?? . I'd probably go for the mini, as if there are only the two of you, you don't need more room outside. Carnival is known for their bigger bathrooms,but you lose out in other parts of the room. Lynne
Old May 31st, 2004, 12:07 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: NEED HELP FAST BB B750 AFT OR MINI SUITE ON CAR

D and E decks. E deck is covered, D is open.

I hope that helps!