Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 31st, 2004, 08:55 AM
c king

Default formal nights

Are all of the restaurants formal and the formal nights? If you don't choose to take formal attire are there other nice restaurants where you can dress resort casual?
Sponsored Links
Old May 31st, 2004, 08:15 PM
Passenger

Default Re: formal nights

There are other options on formal nights, yes.
Old May 31st, 2004, 09:53 PM
bluewaves

all of the sit down resturants are formal on formal night, the buffet and room service aren't.
Old June 1st, 2004, 06:44 AM
Lynne &Trevor

I talked to a guy on our last Princess cruise who wasn't going to do formal night any more on any cruise.He didn't feel like packing the formalwear,plus didn't want to pay the cost of renting a tux.He was just going to head up to the Horizon Buffet and relax.

Old June 3rd, 2004, 12:25 PM
First Mate

What I saw of formal nights were most men in suits and ladies in nice dresses. Not too many gowns like the cruises before. Some men had sports coats on, I would think that it isn't tha formal anymore but men do have to have a jacket on. The buffet is always an option if one doesn't want to get dressed up. After all its your vacation so do it your way. Have a great cruise!!
Old June 4th, 2004, 12:07 PM
Cruise Maniac

I hope that wearing a tux isn't "required" or "expected", I am doing good just to get him in a tux for our wedding! hehe

We are going on the Star in November and I plan on bringing nice dress pants and nice shirts (sneaking a tie on too if I can) for him to wear.

K & B
Old June 4th, 2004, 12:15 PM
First Mate

I have been on Royal Caribbean cruises the past 3 years. My first cruise, I wore a tux. The second one, I wore a suit. The third one, I dragged along a sportcoat and went in that both formal nights. No tie. Noone said a thing, and they won't. It's your vacation; dressing formally is NOT a requirement to eat in the dining room; at least that was my experience on Royal Caribbean.

Going this year on GOlden Princess, debating whether to even take a sportcoat this year.
Old June 4th, 2004, 01:52 PM
Passenger

! That is kind of what I as thinking. We were not sure of what to wear, worried about it for months before the cruise, and now, we know that anything nice goes. =)
Old June 4th, 2004, 04:17 PM
Captain

Default Re: Re: formal nights

Oddly enough, I have had the opposite experience. The first few cruises we took, I was in a sport coat at dinner, then for the last few, a suit. For the next two cruises, I have purchased a tuxedo. I like the way the men look in a tux, and I thought it was time I joined the crowd.

Old June 6th, 2004, 06:50 PM
Passenger

Even on formal night we dressed in a nice shirt and pants...no problem. If you want you can always do the buffet. It is never formal there.
Old June 6th, 2004, 08:09 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Maggie

We are just off the Caribbean and most men wore a dark suit. Even my 14 year old wore his suit. We had family pictures made and everyone looked very nice and mom is happy. (Except for the fact that she is home and off to work tomorrow!) Most women had on short dresses. My 18 year old girls wore prom dresses to get another night out of them. On the Caribbean the Caribi Court was the best buffet for dinner. Also late night snacks per my 14 year old son!

Maggie