Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 6th, 2004, 04:30 PM
Passenger

Default Re: The Golden Nightmare

Great posts 'PG!'
Old June 6th, 2004, 04:44 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

PG.. there indeed were several posts removed from this thread.

As I posted in another thread, here's a simple, easy to follow, instruction....

In most "hot topic" issues, there is NO right answer. Everyone has opinions on all sides of the arguements. State yours, without telling people their's are wrong, and there won't be a TOS violations to worry about

Posters don't have to agree, but they do have to disagree respectfully.

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old June 6th, 2004, 05:01 PM
Marion Paris

There is no such thing as a bad cruise, only a better one.

We all have had some awful cruise experiences. I try not to focus on all the negative problems from cruises. If you feel so strongly about your experience you can do one of two things at this point:

1, Never cruise with Princess again
2. Try another Princess ship - check the cruise boards and reviews, lots of people have wonderful things to say about Princess cruises. Thhy are making good $$$$$$$$$$ and they couldn't do that if all their cruises were problems. Give them another try.

We had some very bad experiences on the Zuiderdam but will definately try HAL again........
it must have just been the ship. It was new and the staff needed to be better trained.

Vacations are vacations........nothing can be guaranteed. I come home with good memories and certainly try to forget all the things that went wrong and focus on all the good things that went right.

You only live once - enjoy every minute with your partner, life is too short! Enjoy your Disney cruise.
Old June 6th, 2004, 06:26 PM
Yeoman

Kuki, and Kokimojo, I am pg. not the " PG" that has posted on this board once or twice. I find it frustrating that they would choose to post using basically the same"name " as I , and I hope I am not mistaken for PG. Thanks

On going back and rereading this board, I can see that the posts by PG were removed so I guess I don't have to worry about being mistaken for them on this thread!
Old June 6th, 2004, 08:50 PM
Lynne &Trevor

We were aboard the same HAL ship mentioned by Marion last year,too-in Sept. The Ship was still fairly new,and we went on her because of the urging of a couple of my co-workers who sailed at the same time.We rarely saw them after the first port because they had their own family group with them. We wanted to try a different line than Princess to see the difference,and we did. Although there were things we would have liked better, we had a good time,got some good pictures,met some nice people and had a nice aft cabin with a balcony. We are now back to Princess. At some point we may cruise HAL again. That is the point Marion and I are making-please don't dismiss Princess because of this one experience. I think Krista said she's sailed with Princess 20 times or more, so I trust that she will try again,right Krista?.
Everyone has their own perception of reality, and this bad experience was her perception of what the cruise was, while many of my message board buddies were aboard the same ship the same week and reported that they had a wonderful time. I enjoy reading these boards and posting myself-it's like have many pen pals.I do have to say that bad language and rudeness have no place in a forum like this. We cruisers are usually a happy bunch, looking forward to our vacation, sharing ideas, and then relating how our cruise went afterwards. I'm sorry Krista had such a terrible time after looking forward to having a great get-away.I hope the next cruise will be better. I'm looking forward to my Caribbean Princess cruise in Sept. and hope that I have a pleasurable experience. I love the Golden Princess and hope that its service remains up to par. Happy Cruising. Lynne