Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Princess Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 2nd, 2004, 02:16 PM
Llawna

Default Internet Cafe

Hey all - I'm wondering if anyone has info about the Internet Cafe's on Princess.
Has anyone used this convenient area to send/receive emails and or to download digital camera photos? Or is there another method on board for downloading digital cameras? Am curious how it works - are they crowded - no you need an appointment or do you just show up and wait your turn? Anyone know about this newer aspect of cruising? Sure would appreciate any input. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old June 2nd, 2004, 02:43 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Internet Cafe

I use the internet cafe a lot on Princess as it is free since I'm a platinum Captain's Club member. I never tried downloading photos as this is a very slow connection. Just use it for emails.
Frank-in-CA
Old June 2nd, 2004, 04:47 PM
Beginner

I've used the internet cafe on Grand & Star and never had to wait. I have only used it for email. Great way to keep in touch with family.

Old June 2nd, 2004, 08:36 PM
Chrissy688

I heard that the Internet Cafe on the Caribbean Princess costed .35 cents to use the internet for liek a minute .. i don't think you have to reserve a computer, you just show up .. I wanted to know more about it also but I haven't gotten any replys.
Old June 3rd, 2004, 03:03 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Internet Cafe

I've seen on some Princess ships where they have a normal fee of 50 cents/minute but say that there is a special price of 35 cents/minute for this cruise. It's still a lot better than the 75 cents/minute Celebrity charges. Better yet, if your Platinum on Princess, it's free.
Frank-in-CA
Old June 4th, 2004, 12:31 AM
Passenger

can anyone tell me if you can download your pictures from your camera to a CD, if you are running low on picture space and if so do you have to connect to the internet to do this? can you tell that we are very new to the digital camera and the cruising?
our first cruise is July 10th on the Caribbean Princess
thanks for your help
LeiLoni

Old June 4th, 2004, 01:06 PM
judy schenkman

File cards from digital cameras could be downloaded at the photoshop. I believe it was in the neighborhood of $50.00. Please check the price with princess. That is close to the price of an extra file card. Judy
Old June 5th, 2004, 10:49 AM
Chris Murphy

The Internet Cafe on the Diamond was never crowded. On the Diamond they had over 20 stations setup. Just swipe your room card and you were charged 35˘ per minute (Platinum members were free). Diamond also had the option for WiFi (802.11b) in the Atrium lobby area with a pre-paid card (approximately $10 for 30 minutes). These cards can be purchased at the Purser's desk.

When we booked through Expedia, we received discount coupons (one for me and another for my wife) waiting for us in our stateroom on board for $5.00 off both the Internet Cafe and $5.00 off the WiFi service. Just turn in the coupons to the Purser’s desk after you use the service and before your final day at sea to have the discount applied to your statement. You had to use a minimum of $10.00 at each to get the discount.

I used my PDA with WiFi to send a pre-written (off line) email to friends and family on board to help save the connection time. Just copy and paste from Pocket Word into the browser window, select recipient addresses and click send. Over all it was a nice service, but don't expect DSL or cable modem speeds since all this information has to be bounced off satellites.
Old June 6th, 2004, 06:49 PM
Passenger

The internet cafe was never busy on the Star Princess...over 2,600 passengers. The connection was great. You just pop in your room key and the charges are added to your bill.

As far as downloading pictures....I did not do that so I can not answer.